1. Renowned water conservationist and environment activist Rajendra Singh has been conferred with 2015 Stockholm Water Prize
2. The 1st Counter-Terrorism Conference 2015 was held in Jaipur for three days from 19 March 2015 to 21 March 2015. It was organised by India Foundation in association with the Sardar Patel University of Police Security and Criminal Justice, Jodhpur at Jaipur in Rajasthan.
3. National Action Plan for Skill Training of Persons with Disabilities was launched in New Delhi. The National Action Plan is a partnership between the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disability for skilling 2.5 million Persons with Disability (PwD) over seven years between 2015 and 2022.
4. Conference on Counter-Terrorism deliberated on CBRN Terrorism. The term CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear) Terrorism was in news in the third week of March 2015. It was in news because CBRN terrorism is one of the sub-themes of Conference on Counter-Terrorism held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
5. Delhi High Court restrained Glenmark from manufacturing its anti-diabetes drugs Zita and Zita-Met.
6. Union Cabinet approved Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) to impart skill training to youth.
7. Union Cabinet approved 33% women reservation in police forces of all Union Territories.
8. Union Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change (MoEFCC) has reconstituted the second State Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC) in Maharashtra.
9. Union Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change (MoEFCC) has given coastal regulatory zone (CRZ) nod to the 6,000-MW Mithivirdi Nuclear Power Plant of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) in Bhavnagar district of Gujarat.
10. Bard and Marathi folk legend Krishnarao Ganpatrao Sable passed away on 20 March 2015 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 92.
1. Sarath Fonseka becomes Sri Lanka’s first field marshal.
2. World Water Day (WWD) 2015 was globally observed on 22 March 2015 with the theme Water and Sustainable Development. The theme for the WWD 2015 talks about how water links to all areas we need to consider creating the future we want.
3. Lee Kuan Yew, the statesman and founding father of Singapore died at the Singapore General Hospital. He was 91.
4. Katherine Viner has been appointed as editor-in-chief of The Guardian newspaper. She will be 12th editor-in-chief and the first woman to run the newspaper in its 194-year history. Viner will succeed Alan Rusbridger who is stepping down after 20 years and taking over as Chair of the Scott Trust which owns the Guardian.
1. Online marketplace Amazon has launched a designer clothing store. It has partnered with the “Fashion Design Council of India” (FDCI) to pick talent from fashion schools, as well as established designers to sell on the portal.
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its nod to extend the PDS Kerosene and Domestic LPG Subsidy Scheme 2002 for a period of one year that is up to 31 March 2015.
3. India has become the third-largest steel producer in the world by overtaking United States (US) in first two months of year 2015. It was revealed in the Data compiled by World Steel Association (WSA).
1. Four teams that reached semifinal stage of ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 are: South Africa, New Zealand, India & Australia.
2. Winners of 2015 Indian Wells Open Tennis Titles (BNP Paribas Open):
Men’s Singles Title: Serbia’s Novak Djokovic has won the Indian Wells Open Tennis Men’s Singles Title by defeating Switzerland’s Roger Federer by 6-3 6-7 (5-7) 6-2. With this win Djokovic won his fourth Indian Wells Open title and overall 50th tour-level title.
Women’s Singles Title: Romania’s Simona Halep has won the Indian Wells Open Tennis Women’s Singles Title by defeating Serbia’s Jelena Jankovic by 2-6, 7-5, 6-4 score . It was Halep’s third WTA titles in 2015 apart from Shenzhen Open and Dubai Open.
Women’s Double Title: Sania Mirza (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair have won Indian Wells Open Tennis Women’s Doubles Title by defeating Russian pair Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina by 6-3, 6-4 score. It was Sania Mirza’s second title of the season 2015 and 24th overall.
Men’s Double Title: Vasek Pospisil (Canada) and Jack Sock (US) pair have won the won Indian Wells Open Tennis Men’s Doubles Title by defeating Italian pair Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini 6–4, 6–7 (3), 10–7.
1. Renault Nissan Automotive India (RNAIPL) appointed Colin Macdonald as Managing Director (MD).
2. Wipro has appointed Rajan Kohli, senior vice president and global head of banking and financial services, as the head of its newly carved out business unit Wipro Digital.
1. Legendary Singer Lata Mangeshkar was presented with the Laadli Voice of the Century award. She was awarded at the sixth edition of the National Media and Advertising Awards for Gender Sensitivity held at Mumbai, Maharashtra.