1. World’s Consumer Day 2015 is observed on 15th March, 2015 with the theme of helping consumers choose healthy diets.
2. IT solutions service provider L&T InfoTech has received a $10 million contract from state-run Rail Vikas Nigam (RVNL) to integrate its business functions.
3. BJP MLA Kavinder Gupta elected as Speaker of 12th Legislative Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir.
4. Union Cabinet approved the Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets (Imposition of Tax) Bill, 2015.
5. Union Environment Ministry revoked suspension of Goa mines.
6. India’s exports grew marginally by 0.88% to $286.58 billion during the April-February period of the current fiscal.
7. Confederation of Indian Industry sign agreement with Hitachi, Siemens for smart city initiative.
8. The British Irish Visa Scheme came into force in India. The information related to this was revealed by Minister of State for External Affairs, V. K. Singh while answering the unstarred questions in Rajya Sabha.
9. Indian Prime Minister has inaugurated the first of the eight Coastal Surveillance Radar Systems (CSRS) being set up by India in Seychelles.
10. The National Pharma Pricing Authority (NMPPA) comes under the purview of Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizer.
11. Air-to-Air missile, Astra, was successfully test fired at the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur in Odisha. It was test-fired aboard a Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft.
12. Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi visited Mauritius as part of his three nation tour to Seychelles, Mauritius and Sri Lanka that took place.
13. Haryana Government decided to issue UIDAI-like numbers for cows.
14. Maharashtra Government announced to rename Girgaum Chowpatty as Swaraj Bhoomi.
15. Former Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar’s book entitled “Indian Parliamentary Diplomacy – Speaker’s Perspective” released on 19th March 2015.
16. Union Government on 19 March 2015 launched Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) AcE Fund to accelerate growth of entrepreneurs in Biotechnology.
17. A Book Indian Parliamentary Diplomacy- Speaker’s Perspective written by Meira Kumar was released. Meira Kumar is a former Speaker of Lok Sabha.
1. Benjamin Netanyahu is the new Prime Minister of Israel. He sworn in as PM for the 3rd consecutive times.
2. Powerful cyclone Pam hit the south Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu. The cyclone Pam, a category five tropical storm, brought destructive 270 kilometre-per-hour winds and torrential rain along with it.
3. Sir Venkatraman Ramakrishnan becomes President of Britain’s Royal Society.
4. Air Marshal Sohail Aman appointed as Chief of Pakistan Air Force.
5. An Indian-origin scientist, Anurag Mathur, with the University of California at Berkeley was involved in growing a viable, pulsating heart on a microchip to improve drug screening.
6. The World Sparrow Day was observed globally on 20 March 2015 with the theme I Love Sparrows. The theme has been inspired by the hope that more and more of us will celebrate the relationship between People and Sparrows.
7. Former Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser died on 20 March 2015 due to a brief illness. He was 84. He was the 22nd Prime Minister of Australia and the Leader of the Liberal Party from 1975 to 1983.
1. The new financial year will begin with a new set ofcharges and higher penalties for customers of private banks. Most large private banks including HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank have announced a hike in charges ahead of the new rules kicking in for penalty on non-maintenance of minimum average balance in savings accounts.
2. Shastri is a member on the board of this little-known mining company, which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
3. India’s exports grew marginally by 0.88% to $286.58 billion during the April-February period of the current fiscal.
4. IndiGo set to launch Rs 2,500 crore IPO.
5. India’s third largest software exporter Wipro has picked up a minority stake in US-based cloud solutions startup Drivestream Inc for $5 million — its first venture investment in a startup after it launched a $100-million corporate venture last year.
6. HDFC Bank launched a mobile application Chillr that allows customers to instantly transfer money to any person in India. Chillr is a first-of-its kind application that is linked directly to customers’ bank accounts and is exclusively for customers of HDFC Bank.
7. Mass nesting of Olive Ridley turtles started in Ganjam district of Odisha.
8. Tropical grass Darbha identified as an eco-friendly food preservative by SASTRA University.
Mergers & Acquistion:
1. Facebook acquired which shopping search engine “TheFind”.
2. Mary Kom is named as the Brand Ambassador of North East.
1. Kidambi Srikanth is the winner of Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold title of Badminton.
2. “Services” is the winner of 69th Santosh Trophy Football Title 2014-15.
3. India won the FIH Women’s Hockey World League Round Two competition title.
4. Lewis Hamilton of Britain won Australian Grand Prix of Formula One. This was the first Australian Grand Prix win for Lewis Hamilton since 2008 and overall it was his 34th Grand Prix.
5. Union Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) on 14 March 2015 announced to appoint Olympic Bronze medallist boxer MC Mary Kom as the brand ambassador of the North-East region.
6. Veteran cricketers of Sri Lanka Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara retired from the One Day International (ODI) format of Cricket.
7. India will host the 7th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) in 2016. This was announced by Home Minister of India Rajnath Singh at the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan.
8. Mahendra Singh Dhoni becomes the ‘First Indian Captain’ to register 100 ODI wins.
9. Martin Guptill scored unbeaten 237 runs from 163 balls against West Indies, which the highest individual score in Cricket World Cup history. The previous highest was Chris Gayle’s 215 runs.
10. Pakistani cricketers Misbah-ul-Haq, Shaid Afridi, Sri Lankan cricketers Kumar Sangakkara & Mahela Jayawardene retired from ODI cricket.
1. Abid Ali Neemuchwala is appointed as the first COO of Wipro.
2. Nancie Atwell, a rural Maine teacher is the winner of $1 million Global Teacher Prize in Dubai.
3. Ashu Suyash appointed as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of CRISIL (Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited).
4. Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President N Ramachandran appointed as a vice-chairman of the International Relations Commission of the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC).
5. HTC replaces CEO Peter Chou with Cher Wang.
6. India’s one of the top 10 largest Industry’s owner Ratan Tata to head a new innovative council of Indian Railways, called ‘Kaya Kalp’.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is designated as the new chancellor of Visva Bharati University.
8. Wipro has appointed the IBM and TCS veteran Natarajan Srinivasan as its global head of SAP.
1. Delhi IGI’s Terminal 1D is the first Indian Airport Terminal which will have first body scanner.
2. China is world’s biggest Arms Exporter country in the world.
3. New Zealand’s Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd paid $553 million for 20% stake in China’s Beingmate Baby and Child Food Co Ltd, as it looks to boost its presence in the country’s branded dairy industry.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is CNN-IBN’s Indian of the Year 2014 and the ISRO team won the Lifetime Achievement Award. Wipro Chairman Azim Premji and Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi won the Indian of the Year for outstanding achievement.
Here is the complete list of winners:
CNN-IBN Indian of the Year: Narendra Modi
Lifetime Achievement Award: ISRO team
Outstanding Achievement Award: Azim Premji, Kailash Satyarthi
Special Achievement Award: Kangana Ranaut
Popular Choice Award: K Chandrasekhar Rao, P Vijayan
Sports: Jitu Rai
Business: N Chandrasekaran
Entertainment: Chetan Bhagat
Public Service: Tongam Rina
Politics: Arun Jaitley
Global Indian: Satya Nadella
2. Shiv Nadar, Chairman & Founder of HCL, won “Outstanding Philanthropist Award” by Forbes India.
3. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan was roped in as the brand ambassador for Union Government’s campaign against Hepatitis B, a critical public problem in India.