Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Gujarat state government has decided to set up India’s first aviation park near Bagodara village in Ahmedabad district to strengthen the aviation sector.
2. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu announced plans to develop aircraft carrier INS Viraat as a tourism center.
It will be developed as a tourism centre after its decommissioning at Vishakhapatnam in June 2016.
3. United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon launched a report titled One Humanity: Shared Responsibility.
The report called for a global campaign to prevent the erosion of humanitarian law and protect civilians in conflict.
The summit aims at providing an opportunity for concrete steps towards ending the suffering experienced by billions of people at present.
1. United States President Barack Obama has unveiled a cyber-security national action plan to boost security awareness amid of growing risks from new technologies.
Under this action plan, President Obama in his budget request has asked for 19 billion US dollars for cyber-security efforts.
This plan has been earmarked to help modernize the patchwork of computer systems used in government agencies.
1. Quinton de Kock, the wicketkeeper-batsman of South Africa became the fastest to make 10 One Day International (ODI) centuries.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Rajendra Kumar Pachauri has been appointed as Executive Vice Chairman of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
2. Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela was appointed the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. To connect Kolkata with Tripura via Bangladesh through railway, the Union Government sanctioned about 580 crore rupees.
The money was sanctioned for constructing the 15-kilometer railway track between Kolkata and Tripura.
The project that is expected to be completed by 2017 will pass through Bangladesh.
The Agartala-Akhaura rail-link between Indian Railway and Bangladesh Railway will reduce the current 1700 km road distance between Kolkata to Agartala via Siliguri to just 350-kilometer by railway.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the Report of the Working Group on Introduction of Interest Rate Options in India. The report was prepared by RBI committee chaired by Prof PG Apte.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. A National Assembly committee of Pakistan unanimously passed Hindu Marriage Bill 2015.
The committee adopted the bill unanimously after making two amendments to fix the minimum age of the marrying male and female at 18 and making the law applicable to the whole of Pakistan.
Science & Technology:
1. Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas (MoPNG) has released the Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 for north-east India.
The Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 outlines steps to leverage the hydrocarbon sector for social and economic development of the north-east region.
The states covered under it are Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Sikkim, Mizoram and Tripura.
2. An international team of biologists have discovered a new species of hydroid polyps emitting green fluorescence in the Red Sea.
These hydroid polyps ( also called hydrozoas) are presumably a new species of the genus Cytaeis whose body length reaches 1.5 mm.
They were found to be emitting green light in association with the gastropod Nassarius margaritifer in the night.
3. The Noor Ouarzazate Solar Complex, world’s largest solar power plant, was opened in the Souss-Massa-Draa area in Morocco, 10 km from Ouarzazate town.
The plant holds the capacity to produce enough energy to power over one million homes by 2018 and reduce carbon emissions by an estimated 760000 tons per year.
1. Every year on 10 February is observed as National Deworming Day to combat parasitic worm infections among preschool and school-age children across India.
1. Uttar Pradesh Panchayati Raj Minister Kailash Yadav passed away in Gurgaon after reportedly suffering a brain stroke. He was 65.