1. The Union Cabinet has allowed 100 per cent foreign direct investment (FDI) under the automatic route for white label ATM operations (WLAO).
2. The Union Cabinet has approved spectrum trading norms for harmonious spread of telecom services in the country.
These norms were approved based on the recommendations Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) in order to increase emphasis on evolving more flexible and market oriented approach in Telecom sector.
3. Tamil Nadu’s first Global Investors Summit (TNGIM 2015) has begun in Chennai to woo investors to invest in the state.
TNGIM 2015 was officially inaugurated by state Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa at the Chennai Trade Centre.
The first of kind investor’s summit in southern state of India is seeking to targeted investment commitment of one-lakh crore rupees.
4. Union Cabinet cleared National Offshore Wind Energy Policy to generate electricity from offshore windmills located in areas within Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of the country.
5. The Union Cabinet approved introduction of Gold Monetization Schemes (GMS) in a bid to lure away Indians from buying physical gold.
The approved schemes are Gold Deposit Scheme (GDS) and the Gold Metal Loan (GML) Scheme.
6. The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) launched Niryat Bandhu @ Your Desktop, an online certificate program in export-import business under the Niryat Bandhu Scheme of Department of Commerce.
This program will serve the twin objective of Digital India and Skill India.
7. The Levels & Trends in Child Mortality Report 2015 was released by the UN Inter-agency Group for Child Mortality Estimation.
8. The Group consists of the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the World Bank Group and the Population Division of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA).
9. The Union Minister for Social justice and Empowerment Thaawar Chand Gehlot inaugurated the new production facility for producing affordable lower limb prosthetic systems.
The facility was launched under the Make in India initiative with an estimated cost of 6 Crores rupees.
1. India and Indonesia have signed a pact for repatriation of wanted prisoners and cooperate in all criminal matters, including gathering evidence.
1. Abitha Mary Manuel and Anamika Das on 9 September 2015 won bronze medals at the 5th Commonwealth Youth Games (CYG) in Apia in Samoa.
Manuel won the medal in girls 800m race, while Das won it in shot put event on the third and final day of athletics competitions.
Awards & Recognition:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2014 on Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
ISRO Chairman A S Kiran Kumar on behalf of the organization received the prize at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
2. Bollywood actor Anupam Kher was conferred with the Honored Guest of Texas award for his contribution to the cinema and the world of art.
1. J Manjula was appointed as the Director-General of the Electronics and Communication Systems cluster of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
With this, Manjula became the first woman DG of DRDO.
1. World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) was observed on 10th September 2015.
The theme of the World Suicide Prevention Day 2015 is Preventing Suicide: Reaching Out and Saving Lives.
2. First Telangana Language Day (Telangana Bhasha Dinosthavam) was observed on 9th September 2015.
The day was observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of noted poet Kaloji Narayana Rao, who was called people’s poet.
The day was observed to popularise Telangana Language which has influence of Deccani Urdu, Marathi and Kannada.