Questions for Practice:
Ques:1. The present Lok Sabha is the
- 13th Lok Sabha
- 14th Lok Sabha
- 15th Lok Sabha
- 16th Lok Sabha
Ques:2. India has largest deposits of ____ in the world.
- None of the above.
Ques:3. January 1, 2008 is Tuesday. What day of the week lies on Jan 1, 2009?
Ques:4. The angle of elevation of the sun, when the length of the shadow of a tree 3 times the height of the tree, is:
## In questions given below out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given word/sentence.
Ques:5. A person interested in collecting, studying and selling of old things
Ques:6. The act of violating the sanctity of the church is
- None of these
Ques:7. A boatman goes 2 km against the current of the stream in 1 hour and goes 1 km along the current in 10 minutes. How long will it take to go 5 km in stationary water?
- 40 minutes
- 1 hour
- 1 hr 15 min
- 1 hr 30 min
Ques:8. If the number 97215 * 6 is completely divisible by 11, then the smallest whole number in place of * will be:
- None of these.
Current Affairs & GK
1. Tamil Nadu state government has banned Ketoprofen, a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) to save critically endangered vulture population in the state.
2. Union Environment Ministry has approved annual plans of National Mission for Green India (GIM) of four states viz. Kerala, Mizoram, Manipur and Jharkhand.
3. The Ministry of Shipping along with the Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships (DGLL) launched an ambitious program to develop 78 lighthouses in the country as centres of tourism in the first phase under Public Private Partnership (PPP).
4. The Delhi Government launched Bill Banvao, Inaam Pao scheme to encourage people to receive or demand proper bills for purchases.
Citizens will be eligible for the scheme only on a bill or cash memo/retail invoice of not less than 100 rupees for purchases made from a registered dealer in Delhi.
The maximum prize to be given under the scheme is 50000 rupees.
1. The Parliament of Iran has passed a bill that allows the government to implement a historic nuclear deal reached with world powers i.e. P5+1 countries.
1. Indian female bodybuilder Shweta Rathore won a silver medal in the 49th Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Championship, held in Uzbekistan.
With this, she became the first ever Indian female bodybuilder to win a medal at a continental level tournament.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Jamaican writer Marlon James won the 2015 Man Booker Prize for Fiction for his novel A Brief History of Seven Killings.
With this award, James became the first Jamaican author to win the prize in its 47-years of history.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Etihad Airways and IBM has made an information technology deal worth 700 million US dollars for over 10 years.
The deal aims at improving the airline’s operations and security.
2. ICC signs up Nissan as official global partner till 2023.
1. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was chosen as ‘Finance Minister of the Year, Asia’ by London-based publication Emerging Markets.
2. Reliance Power appointed N Venugopala Rao as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with immediate effect.
3. Alkesh Sharma appointed as CEO and MD of Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corp.
Science & Technology:
1. A sweet banana species with orange pulp named as Musa indandamanensis has been discovered by team of scientists from the Botanical Survey of India (BSI) in Andamans.
2. More than 200 species were found in Eastern Himalayas. Amongst them, a walking fish, a unicorn, a blue eyed frog, a sneezing monkey were also discovered.
In total there are 133 plants, 39 invertebrates, 26 fish, 10 amphibians, one reptile, one bird, and one mammal out of which 15 were found in Bhutan and 60 in Nepal.