Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The Maharashtra government constituted a task force for setting up an International Financial Service Centre (IFSC) in Mumbai.
The task force includes
Union Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha (chairman)
Lok Sabha MP from Mumbai North Central Poonam Mahajan (deputy chairman)
Maharashtra Chief Secretary Swadheen Kshtriya
MMRDA Commissioner UPS Madan
Principal Secretary Urban development Nitin Kareer
A representative from the Department of Economic Affairs, Union Government
OSD in the Chief Ministers Office (CMO) Kaustubh Dhavse will be Member Convener.
2. To deal with traffic violations in the city, the Delhi Traffic Police will start implementation of recommendations of the Supreme Court appointed committee chaired by Justice KS Radhakrishnan from 15th December 2015.
With this, Delhi Traffic Police is the first in the country to implement the directions of the Supreme Court appointed three-member committee on Road Safety.
1. Saudi Arabia announced the launch of Islamic Military Coalition to counter terrorism. The coalition will be led by Saudi Arabia and see the participation of 34 nations.
2. World Bank Group and FIRST Initiative launched Principles for Public Credit Guarantee Schemes (CGSs).
The principles provide a generally accepted set of good practices that can serve as a global reference for the design, execution and evaluation of public CGSs that serve small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
1. Olympic medalist Vijay Kumar of Indian Army has won gold medal at the 59th National Shooting Championship held in New Delhi.
Other winners in the Championship are –
25m standard pistol event: Gurpreet Singh (Indian Army)
Rapid fire pistol: Pemba Tamang (Indian Army)
Air pistol & Standard pistol events: Achal Pratap Singh Grewal.
2. India’s star golfer Anirban Lahiri has won the coveted Order of Merit crown of Asian Tour for year 2015.
Awards & Recognition:
1. As per the 2015 Human Development Report 2015 released by United Nations Development Program (UNDP), India has been indexed at 130th position among 188 countries.
2. Israeli-American violinist Itzhak Perlman has been awarded 2016 Genesis Prize which is also known as Jewish Nobel prize.
3. Rajasthan has become the first state in the country to submit smart city plans for three selected cities to Union Government.
In this regard, state government has submitted smart city Proposals of Udaipur, Kota and Ajmer to Union Ministry of Urban Development.
Under the proposal the investment outlays proposed by state government for developing these 3 cities as smart cities are Kota 1,493 crore rupees, Ajmer 1,300 crore rupees and Udaipur 1,221 crore rupees respectively.
4. The West Bengal Government honored music composer Bappi Lahiri and singer Kumar Sanu with Lifetime Achievement Awards.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Tech Mahindra and Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd, part of the Mahindra Group acquired Italian car designer Pininfarina SpA for 165 million US dollars in an all-cash deal.
1. Indian-origin politician, Pravin Gordhan has been appointed as South Africa’s new Finance Minister.
2. The Union Government appointed Justice L Narasimha Reddy, retired Chief Justice of Patna High Court, to head the Judicial Committee which will look into the implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for the ex-servicemen.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Lok Sabha has unanimously passed the Atomic Energy (Amendment) Bill, 2015 by voice vote.
The bill seeks to amend the Atomic Energy Act, 1962 to facilitate and fast track setting up of new nuclear projects in the country.