Questions for Practice
Ques:1. A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B is the ratio 7 : 5. When 9 liters of mixture are drawn off and the can is filled with B, the ratio of A and B becomes 7 : 9. How many liters of liquid A was contained by the can initially?
Ques:2. How many kilogram of sugar costing Rs. 9 per kg must be mixed with 27 kg of sugar costing Rs. 7 per kg so that there may be a gain of 10% by selling the mixture at Rs. 9.24 per kg?
- 36 kg
- 42 kg
- 54 kg
- 63 kg
Ques:3. Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2000 was awarded to the former President of South Africa along with
- Grameen Bank of Bangladesh
- World Health Organization
Ques:4. The Nobel Prize was first awarded in
In each question below, there is a sentence of which some parts have been jumbled up. Rearrange these parts which are labelled P, Q, R and S to produce the correct sentence. Choose the proper sequence.
Ques:5. It has been established that
P : Einstein was
Q : although a great scientist
R : weak in arithmetic
S : right from his school days
The Proper sequence should be:
Ques:6. I read an advertisement that said
P : posh, air-conditioned
Q : gentleman of taste
R : are available for
S : fully furnished rooms
The Proper sequence should be:
Ques:7. 1397 x 1397 = ?
- None of these
Ques:8. If the number 97215 * 6 is completely divisible by 11, then the smallest whole number in place of * will be:
- None of these.
Current Affairs & GK
1. The Union Government gave its approval to payment of Performance Related Pay (PRP) to executives and non-unionized supervisors of Coal India Ltd (CIL) and its subsidiaries.
1. The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU between the Taipei Economic and Cultural Center (TECC) in India and India-Taipei Association (ITA) in Taipei.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Mozambique in field of renewable energy.
3. The Navies of India, United States and Japan began the five-day Malabar exercise 2015 on the Eastern Coast.
Under this exercise several warships, aircraft carriers and fast attack submarine will be participating.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Nobel Peace laureate Kailash Satyarthi has been nominated for the prestigious 2015 Harvard Humanitarian of the Year Award for championing the cause of child reform and ending all forms of violence against children.
2. Pranab Mukherjee became first Indian President to address Israeli Parliament Knesset.
3. Portugal became the first European country to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the establishment of Nalanda University.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Tata Housing tied-up with social networking firm Facebook to sell its affordable homes online.
For this purpose, Tata Housing launched the new campaign titled Social sellon Facebook.
2. Dell Inc and EMC Corporation signed an agreement under which Dell, together with its owners will acquire EMC Corporation, while maintaining VMware as a publicly-traded company.
1. Former Google adviser Omid Kordestani was appointed as Executive Chairman of Twitter.
2. An Indian national, Kundhavi Kadiresan was appointed as the Assistant Director of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific.
Science & Technology:
1. Uttar Pradesh government launched the mobile app mSehat for health workers to record maternal and infant data in real-time.
The application was developed by Kellton Tech.
The application is aimed at improving the infant mortality rate outcomes.