Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The Supreme Court (SC) banned the registration of all diesel SUVs and luxury cars with engine capacity of 2000 cc or more in Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR) region till 31 March 2016.
1. The European Commission (EC) adopted the proposal for a European Border and Coast Guard force to protect Europe’s external border and Schengen area without internal border.
1. Apurvi Chandela from Rajasthan has won a Gold medal in the 59th National Shooting Championship in Delhi.
2. Four Indian boxers, namely Shiva Thapa, Mandeep Jangra, Gaurav Bidhuri and Sumit Sangwan were selected by the International Olympics Committee (IOC) for a scholarship.
Under the scholarship, the boxers will get a sum of 800 US dollars (about INR 53,000) every month till August 2016.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Rory McIlroy was named the European Tour Golfer of the Year. He received the award for the third time in four years.
1. Senior revenue service officer Arun Kumar Jain was appointed as Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
2. The Supreme Court appointed a retired judge Justice Virendra Singh as Uttar Pradesh’s Lokayukta or anti-corruption ombudsman.
1. The World Bank approved a 1.5 billion US dollar loan for the ambitious Clean India Campaign (Swachh Bharat Mission).
The loan was granted to support the government in its efforts to ensure all citizens in rural areas have access to improved sanitation and end the practice of open defecation by 2019.
Science & Technology:
1. The average temperature over Arctic land for the year ending in September 2015 was the highest on record indicating that the Arctic is warming twice as fast as other parts of the Earth.
2. Online marketplace Snapdeal.com launched its mobile website in Hindi and Telugu language. With this platform, Snapdeal will now cater to 270 million users in India.
The multilingual platform will be made available to users on the mobile website only.
1. Vijay Diwas was observed across the country on 16th December 2015. On this day, nation remembers martyrs, who laid down their lives during Indo-Pak War of 1971.