Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has opened country’s first Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) outlet at AIIMS in New Delhi to sell drugs at highly discounted rates.
2. INS Vishwakarma, the erstwhile Shipwright School (SWS) and a premier training establishment of the Indian Navy has been commissioned.
3. The Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das introduced Mobile Governance in the state to realize the dreams of Digital India during the occasion of 16th Foundation Day of the state.
1. India and Bangladesh have signed the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for operationalizing the Agreement on Coastal Shipping between both countries.
2. Philippines is going to host 2015 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit from 18–19 November 2015 in its capital city Manila for the first time in nearly two decades.
3. India and Australia have sealed Nuclear-deal procedures for supply of uranium from later to energy starved India.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the recently acquired Ambedkar memorial by Maharashtra Government at King Henry’s Road in London, United Kingdom.
5. Russia was provisionally suspended from track and field events by International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) due to doping allegations against the country’s athletes, coaches, trainers, doctors and officials.
1. Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal has won silver medal at 2015 China Open Super series Premier Badminton tournament after finishing at second position in the Women’s Singles category.
2. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg from Germany has won the 2015 Brazilian Grand Prix title of Formula One (F1) held at Autódromo José Carlos Pace in Socorro district of Sao Paulo.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has declared Naga militant outfit National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) formally known as NSCN (K) as a terrorist organization.
1. Bhawana Somaaya, Satish Shah and Brijendra Pal Singh have been nominated as members of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Society.
2. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan has been appointed as vice chairman of the board of directors of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).
1. The International Day for Tolerance was observed globally on 16 November with an aim to educate people about the need for tolerance in society and help them understand the negative effects of intolerance.
1. A noted writer of children’s books Kamala Laxman passed away in Pune. She was 90.