Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is liable to disclose information about the banks and financial institutions for their action against the loan defaulters including industrialists under the Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005 as declared by the Supreme Court.
2. Supreme Court said that temple priests should be appointed as per ancient Hindu rituals (Agamas).
It said that such appointments in accordance with Agamas do not violate the right of equality.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for introduction of a Bill in the Parliament for Amendments in the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950.
The bill seeks to modify the list of Scheduled Castes in respect of Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Kerala, Odisha and West Bengal.
2. The Lok Sabha passed the Commercial Courts, Commercial Division and Commercial Appellate Division of High Courts Bill, 2015.
The Bill will help bring in big foreign investments into the country and improve India’s global image on ease of doing business.
It will help set up commercial benches in select high courts to settle high value commercial disputes.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and BRICS (Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa) countries for energy conservation.
Science & Technology:
1. Union Government has given in principle approval to work on Loon project of internet search engine giant Google for providing Internet connectivity by using large balloons.
To know more about Google’s Loon Project, please visit here – https://scoop.eduncle.com/google-project-loon/
2. The Union Cabinet has approved a policy framework for development of Underground Coal Gasification (UCG) in unexplored coal and lignite bearing areas in the country.
3. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has successfully placed six commercial satellites from Singapore in their dedicated orbits.
These satellites were launched using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C29) from the first launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.