Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has launched three separate indices on three corporate houses of India viz. Tata, Aditya Birla and Mahindra Group.
These house have been designed to reflect the performance of companies belonging to the respective corporate group.
2. United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has unanimously adopted resolution cut off supply of revenue flows to Islamic State (IS) militant group. Decision in this regard was taken at the first-ever meeting of finance ministers of 15 member states to support a diplomatic push to end the war in Syria.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Sahitya Academy has declared the names of 23 poets and authors to present the prestigious 2015 Sahitya Akademi Award.
23 Awardee’s are:
Poetry: Brajendra Kumar Brahma (Bodo), Dhian Singh (Dogri), Ramdarash Mishra (Hindi), K.V. Tirumalesh (Kannada), Kshetri Rajan (Manipuri) and Ram Shankar Awasthi (Sanskrit).
Short stories: Kula Saikia (Assamese), Man Mohan Jha (Maithili), Gupta Pradhan (Nepali), Bibhuti Pattanaik (Odia), Maya Rahi (Sindhi) and Volga (Telugu).
Novels: Cyrus Mistry (English), Jaswinder Singh (Punjabi) and Madhu Acharya ‘Ashawadi’ (Rajasthani).
Essays: Rasik Shah (Gujrati) and A. Madhavan (Tamil).
Plays: Uday Bhembre (Konkani), Rabilal Tudu (Santali).
Books on criticism: Bashir Bhadarwahi (Kashmiri) and Shamim Tariq (Urdu).
Memoirs: Arun Khopkar (Marathi).
2. The husband-wife duo of Claude and Norma Alvares were honored with the 2015 Lifetime Service Award by Sanctuary Asia magazine.
3. The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) conferred Industrial Innovation Awards 2015 upon 35 companies. Among them 10 were start-ups and 25 were big and small companies.
Delhi-based start-up Right Track Admizzionz Campuz won the top award in the start-up category, while the pharma major Zydus Cadila was adjudged the Most Innovative Company of the Year.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Hindustan Unilever (HUL) announced that it signed an agreement with Mosons Group to acquire its flagship brand Indulekha for 330 crore rupees.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Tata Starbucks announced the appointment of Sumi Ghosh as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
2. Jet Airways announced that its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Cramer Ball has resigned from the post with effect from 29 February 2016.
1. Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has cleared the purchase of Russian advance S-400 Trium Air Defence Missile Systems at an estimated cost of 40,000 crore rupees.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the final guidelines on computing interest rates on advances based on the Marginal Cost of Funds Methodology.
The new methodology is aimed at bringing uniformity among BRs of banks so that they will be more sensitive to any changes in policy rates of the RBI like Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR), Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR), etc.
1. Noorul Huda, veteran leader of Communist Party of India (M) of eastern India, passed away. He was 86.