Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
National – Across the India:
1. Maharashtra Government has decided to make it mandatory to have a hologram on every alcohol bottle manufactured and sold in the state in order to check sale of spurious liquor.
With this decision, no liquor bottle will be allowed to be sold in the state without the hologram.
The decision was taken keeping in mind the 2015 tragedy at Malwani where about 100 people died after consuming spurious liquor.
2. Maharashtra Government has banned digging of borewells beyond 200 feet in order to check the steep decline in ground water level across the state.
It was announced by Water Supply and Sanitation Minister Babanrao Lonikar.
State Government has taken this decision in the wake for severe drought and decreasing ground water level across various regions in the state.
This ban will be implemented under the Maharashtra Groundwater Development and Management Act in order to control the excess water pumping through borewell.
1. Australia has won the 25th edition of Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament 2016 for record ninth time.
In the final match played at Ipoh, Australia defeated India by 4-0 goals. With this India settled at the second position and was followed by New Zealand (defending champion) at the third position.
This was the second time India had finished with the silver medal in seven final appearances.
2. Ace tennis player Rafael Nadal (World No 5) from Spain has won the 2016 Monte Carlo Rolex Masters title of Tennis.
In the final match he defeated Gael Monfils of France by 7-5, 5-7, 6-0 score.
It was his overall 9th Monte Carlo Masters title and his 68th win from 100 finals on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Tour.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior IPS officer Deepak Mishra has been appointed as Additional Director General in the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
His appointment was cleared by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
He will have tenure till November 2018 with effect from the date of assumption of charge of the post.
Deepak Mishra is IPS officer of the 1984 batch of the Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India, Afghanistan and Iran have finalized draft of the Chabahar Trilateral Agreement on Transport and Transit Corridors.
The text of the draft was finalized at the second technical meeting of experts from the three countries in New Delhi.
The agreement will be signed after completing necessary internal procedures in the three countries.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Government has leased a commemorative coin of 200 rupees and a circulation coin of 10 rupees on freedom fighter Tatya Tope.
It was released by the Union Culture Minister Dr. Mahesh on the occasion of the Martyrdom Day of Tatya Tope in New Delhi.
The Union Ministry of Culture has been celebrating the 200th Birth Anniversary of Tatya Tope during 2015-16 in association with State Government of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.