1. Union Ministry of Finance on 17th June 2015 formed two committees for facilitating implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST) from 1st April 2016.
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 17 June 2015 gave its approval for the Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for Kharif Crops of 2015-16 season.
3. Book titled Bikhare Khyalat written by Prof Abdul Haq was presented to the Vice-President M Hamid Ansari on 18th June 2015. The book is an Urdu translation of Mohammed Iqbal’s writing in English tilted Stray Reflections.
4. India has been ranked third in Anti-Doping Rule Violations Report for year 2013 released by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
5. Punjab state is celebrating the 350th years of foundation of holy city Sri Anandpur Sahib.
1. The West Bengal (WB) State Assembly on 18 June 2015 passed West Bengal Tea Plantation Employees Welfare Fund Bill, 2015. The bill is aimed at ensuring welfare and provision of basic amenities for tea plantation workers in the state.
1. Hong Kong lawmakers on 18 June 2015 rejected Beijing-backed election reform package. The proposal was voted down by 28 votes to eight in the Legislative Council (known as legco) of 70 members.
2. China and Australia on 17th June 2015 signed the China-Australia Free Trade Agreement (ChAFTA) at Canberra in Australia.
The agreement was signed by China’s Commerce Minister Gao Hucheng and Australia’s Trade Minister Andrew Robb.
3. Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh on 18th June 2015 launched a weather alert service named NOWCAST.
1. India’s junior boys and cadet girls on 18 June 2015 won the team championship titles at the South Asian Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Championships at the Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi.
Science & Technology:
1. Micromax on 18th June 2015 launched the world’s slimmest and lightest 4-Generation (4G) phone named as Micromax Canvas Sliver 5.
As per Micromax, it is the first smartphone to weigh below 100 grams.
2. Advertising Standard Council of India (ASCI) has launched ASCIonline, a mobile application in a bid to address misleading advertisements.
1. Journalist and writer Aakar Patel appointed as Executive Director of Amnesty International (AI) India on 18 June 2015. He will head AI India’s operations and its efforts to end human rights abuses in India and worldwide.
2. Britain’s longest-serving Indian-origin MP, Keith Vaz on 18 June 2015 was re-elected as chairman of Parliaments Home Affairs Select Committee for the third time.
3. Senior IAS officer G Gurucharan was on 17th June 2015 given additional charge as Director General, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for three months. He will hold the additional charge till the appointment of a regular incumbent or until further orders.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Japan’s Soft Bank Corp on 28th June 2015 announced that it has set up a joint venture with Chinese online shopping giant Alibaba and electronics supplier Foxconn Technology to sell its human-like robot Pepper around the world.