Update your IQ with the GK Eduwrap Daily Edition, loaded with GK updates, Current Affairs and all major happenings across the Globe. With GK Eduwrap you can now confidently crack the IBPS, SSC’s Current Affairs Section. Good Luck
1. India assumed the presidency of the 68th World Health Assembly (WHA) held in Geneva after a gap of 19 years. The WHA session is presided by Union Health Minister Jagat Prakash Nadda who is also leading the high-level Indian delegation to the Assembly.
2. Ms. Draupadi Murmu was sworn in as the first woman and overall ninth Governor of Jharkhand since the state was granted statehood status after bifurcating from Bihar.
3. Union Government launched official website of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog. The website is launched by Dr Arvind Panagariya, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog. The website can be accessed on http://www.niti.gov.in
4. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj launched the official website of 10th World Hindi Conference at Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan in New Delhi. It can be visited at www.vishwahindisammelan.gov.in
5. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) under the Union Ministry of Earth Sciences signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Power System Operation Corporation Ltd. (POSOCO) for optimum use of weather information/forecast in the power sector.
1. International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its recent report titled Act Local, Solve Global: The $5.3 Trillion Energy Subsidy Problem has voiced alarm about energy subsidies across the world.
1. Pinky Mehta has been appointemnt as new CFO at the Aditya Birla Group. 24 years ago, she became the first woman officer to be hired by the Aditya Birla Group. Now, she became first woman CFO at the Aditya Birla Group.
2. Graeme Pitkethly has been appointed as new CFO at Unilever, after Jean-Marc Huet quits.
1. GMR Infrastructure Ltd. has signed Memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Guizhou International Investment Corporation (GIIC) for developing Kakinada special economic zone (SEZ) in Andhra Pradesh.
2. Reliance Jio Infocomm (RJio), a telecom arm of Reliance Industries (RIL) has signed a pact with Chinese telecom equipment manufacturer firm Huawei for sourcing various 4th Generation (4G) devices.
1. Harkeert Singh Saini, an Indian-American policeman has been awarded the prestigious Top Civilian Supervisor of the Year. He was conferred with award for his efficient services to the Houston Police department in the state of Texas of United States. He received this award from Houston Mayor Anise Parker and Police Chief Charles A. McClelland.
1. Novak Djokovic from Serbia has won his fourth Rome Masters Tennis Men’s single title. In the final match, he defeated world no 2 Roger Federer from Switzerland with score of 6-4, 6-3. With this win, Djokovic earned 1000 Emirates ATP ranking points.
2. Maria Sharapova won the women’s singles of Italian Open for the third time. She defeated Spain’s Carla Suarez Navarro by 4-6, 7-5, 6-1. The Italian Open title was held in Rome, Italy.
3. Brad Haddin, the Australian wicketkeeper batsman retired from One Day International (ODI) cricket. His final ODI appearance was the seven-wicket victory over New Zealand in World Cup final in Melbourne.