Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved setting up of a National Resource Facility for Bio-medical Research (NARF) at Genome Valley in Hyderabad, Telangana.
2. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved 10 per cent disinvestment in Coal India Limited (CIL).
3. Intel India launched Ek Kadam Unnati Ki Aur initiative from Nadimpalle village in Mahabubnagar district of Telangana by opening an Unnati Centre.
1. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Vietnam for cooperation in the field of Animal Health.
2. India and China have decided to deepen bilateral defence ties and maintain peace and tranquility at the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
3. Srilankan President Maithripala Sirisena presented a special cabinet paper to abolish the Executive Presidency and introduce a new electoral system for its approval.
4. Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) released Global Terrorism Index 2015 to investigate the patterns of terrorism by geographic activity, methods of attack, organizations involved and the national economic and political context.
1. Indian men and women elite cyclists won five medals on the opening day of the Track Asia Cup.
The cyclists won one gold medal, three silver medals and one bronze medal at the event held in IG Stadium Complex Velodrome, New Delhi.
1. Senior diplomat Vijay Keshav Gokhale has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to China.
2. President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Justice T.S. Thakur as the Chief Justice of India (CJI) as per provisions of Article 124 of Constitution.
1. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has slapped penalties worth INR 258 crore on three leading airlines- Jet Airways, IndiGo and SpiceJet for cartelisation in fixing cargo fuel surcharge.
Science & Technology:
1. China’s Tianhe-2 supercomputer has emerged as the world’s most powerful supercomputer system for the sixth consecutive time. It was unveiled in 46th edition of Top 500 list of supercomputers.
2. Russia’s newest defence satellite dubbed as EKS Kosmos-2510 was successfully launched into space and has been placed into its dedicated orbit.
3. Researchers from India have discovered 5 new long-haired species of wasps from different parts of the country.
These species have been named ‘adikeshavus‘ which in Sanskrit means ‘first one to have long hairs’.
The tribe of these new five wasp species have been characterized by its exclusive preference for spider eggs i.e. parasitising on these relatively medium-sized eggs.
They have tiny wings which allow them to slip through the silk strands of the egg sacs. These sacs which are deposited in leaf litter by the spiders.
These 5 wasp species have a uniform length of 1 to 2mm and cluster into groups.
Their discovery would help researchers to yield large number of species of parasitoids attacking spider eggs in India.
1. World Toilet Day (WTD) was observed on 19 November 2015 across the world with the theme Sanitation and Nutrition.
1. Well-known neurosurgeon and Secretary General of Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) Dr. Satya Paul Agarwal passed away in New Delhi. He was 70.
2. Former Director of country’s external intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), K. Shankaran Nair passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was 94.
3. Senior Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Ashok Singhal passed away in Gurgaon, Haryana. He was 90 and was suffering from serious respiratory problems.