Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The 30th edition of Surajkund International Crafts Mela has begun at Faridabad in Haryana after it was formally inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
2. Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) of Union Government has given its final approval to Kerala Government’s approval to set up India’s first Defence Industrial Park at Ottappalam.
1. Ace Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth won the 2016 Syed Modi International Grand prix Gold Championship Title of Badminton in men’s singles category.
2. World Number One tennis player Novak Djokovic from Serbia has won the 2016 Australian Open Title in the men’s singles category.
3. Brazilian racing driver Pietro Fittipaldi has won the 2015 MRF Challenge Formula 2000 by winning two of the four races.
4. Aditya Mehta won the 83rd Senior National Snooker Championship in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
5. Former Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag was appointed as mentor of the Kings XI Punjab team for season 9 of Indian Premier League (IPL).
6. The International Swimming Federation (FINA) announced that the Japanese city of Fukuoka will host the 2021 World Aquatics Championships.
7. India won the three-match T-20 series against Australia, 3-0. In the third and final Twenty20 match played in Sydney, India defeated Australia by seven wickets.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was selected for the prestigious K Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2015.
2. Veteran wildlife filmmaker Naresh Bedi was honoured with the V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award at the 14th edition of the Mumbai International Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films (MIFF 2016).
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Vice Admiral Sunil Lanba took over as Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) of Mumbai headquartered Western Naval Command (WNC) at a ceremonial parade held at INS Shikra.
2. Senior IPS officer Datta Padsalgikar has been appointed as the Commissioner of Police of Mumbai. He will be 40th Police Commissioner of Mumbai.
3. Senior IFS officer Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi was appointed as India’s Ambassador to Mexico.
4. Kamlesh Kumar Pandey was appointed as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for a period of three years.
1. Veteran British TV and radio presenter Sir Terry Wogan passed away in London after long battle with cancer. He was 77.
2. Former Army Chief General Kotikalapudi Venkata Krishna Rao passed away on 30 January 2016 in New Delhi following a cardiac arrest. He was 92.