Update your IQ with the GK Eduwrap Daily Edition, loaded with GK updates, Current Affairs and all major happenings across the Globe. With GK Eduwrap you can now confidently crack the IBPS, SSC’s Current Affairs Section. Good Luck (Y)
1. The 4th North East Youth Festival concluded on 31 May 2015 at Majuli in Jorhat district of Assam.
2. State government of Andhra Pradesh on 29th May 2015 issued orders to bring 16 sectors under Schedule III of the AP Infrastructure Development Enabling Act (APIDEA), 2001 with an aim to develop infrastructure in public private partnership (PPP) mode.
3. Nigerian Army launched operations to flush out Boko Haram from Sambisa Forest.
4. President Pranab Mukherjee has given his assent to re-promulgation of land ordinance for third time as per provisions of Article 123 of Indian Constitution.
5. Maharashtra Government has launched Swachhata Saptapadi scheme on the lines of Union Government’s flagship Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
6. A City in the World authored by Amrita Shah was released on 28th May 2015. The book is a biography of India’s seventh-largest city Ahmedabad and it’s all too frequent complicity in communal violence.
1. United States (US) in a landmark decision has removed Cuba from its list of State Sponsor of Terrorism.
1. Gurpreet Singh became the 5th Indian to get quota place in shooting for 2016 Rio Olympics.
2. Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman join BCCI advisory committee.
3. Ace Indian archer Deepika Kumari has clinched the bronze medal in the women’s individual Women’s Recurve event at Antalya Archery World Cup held in Turkey.
4. Dilawar Singh of Haryana has won ‘Pedal for Kashmir’ cycling competition, held along the banks of picturesque Dal Lake in Srinagar. During this cycling, Singh piped local champion Mohammad Akbar Khan who came runner up, followed by another local cyclist Mohammad Adil Teli.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Vajpayee to be honored with ‘Friends of Bangladesh Liberation War Award’ by Bangladesh
2. Gurnimrat ‘Nimmy’ Sidhu, an Indian-origin teacher has been honored with ‘University of Oxford Inspirational Teacher Award’. She received her trophy in Oxford along with 11 other teachers for helping their students get into the world-famous varsity.
3. Super 30 founder and mathematician Anand Kumar on 29 May 2015 was honored by Legislature of British Columbia in Canada at Toronto University for his pioneering work in the field of education.
4. Gautam Banerjee, senior managing director at Blackstone and co-chairman of its Asia operating committee, as well as chairman of Blackstone Singapore, was awarded the prestigious Public Service Medal by President Tony Tan Keng Yam on Saturday.
1. Reliance Communications (RCom) will invest about INR 1,500-2,000 crore in the current financial year to increase its data business.
2. The Central Statistics Office (CSO) on 29th May 2015 released the provisional estimates (PE) of national income for the financial year (FY) 2014-15.
3. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 30th May 2015 inaugurated the new Bank Note Paper Line unit of 6000 metric tons capacity at Security Paper Mill in Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh.
4. The State Bank of India (SBI) on 29th May 2015 launched an Online Customer Acquisition Solution (OCAS). It is an online platform to apply for Home Loans, Car Loans, Education Loans and Personal Loans.
5. Jet fuel price was hiked by a steep 7.5 per cent on Monday and rates of non-subsidized cooking gas (LPG) by INR 10.50 per cylinder in step with global firming of rates. Price of aviation turbine fuel (ATF), or jet fuel, in Delhi was raised by Rs 3,744.08 per kilolitre (kl), or 7.54 per cent, to Rs 53,353.92, oil companies announced on Monday.
1. Veena Jain appointed as Director General of Doordarshan News.
2. Pradeep Kumar Sinha appointed as Cabinet Secretary to Union Government.
3. G Satheesh Reddy appointed as Scientific Advisor to Union Defense Minister.
4. Incumbent FIFA President Joseph Sepp Blatter on 29 May 2015 was re-elected as President for the fifth term.
5. Eminent scientist Dr. Selvin Christopher has been appointed as the Director General (DG) of Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) along with the rank of a secretary.
1. The international Day of United Nations Peacekeepers was observed on 29 May 2015 with the theme Together for Peace.
2. Punjab government has announced that year 2015-16 will be observed as development year to give further fillip to the all-round development of the state.
3. World No-Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed every year across the world on 31st May.