1. The Department of Posts has released a Commemorative postal stamp on father of Indian Constitution Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as part of his 125th Birth Anniversary celebrations.
2. Uttar Pradesh government announced that it will implement National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013 in the state in three phases. The scheme would benefit 15.21 crore people in the state.
3. The World Health Organization (WHO) in its Treat-All recommendation made on removed all the limitations on eligibility for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) among people living with HIV.
4. World Economic Forum (WEF) released the Global Competitiveness Report (GCR) 2015-2016.
The report assesses the competitiveness landscape of 140 economies, providing insight into the drivers of their productivity and prosperity and it remains the most comprehensive assessment of national competitiveness worldwide.
1. United States, Japan and India have decided to coordinate policies in addressing China’s increasing maritime activities.
1. India’s ace shooter Heena Sidhu has clinched a Gold medal in the 10-metre air pistol event of the Asian Air Gun Championships in New Delhi.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian-American associate professor Kartik Chandran has been named as a 2015 MacArthur Fellow.
The fellowship entitles him with a prestigious genius grant of US 625,000 dollars.
He has won this prestigious fellowship for his work in transforming pollutant from wastewater into useful products such as energy sources, commodity chemicals and fertilizers.
Science & Technology:
1. China has successfully launched 20th new generation satellite into space as part of its domestic BeiDou Navigation System (BDS).
It was launched using Long March-3B carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in the south-western province of Sichuan.