1. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated the first ‘Aam Aadmi Clinic’ at Peeragarhi Relief Camp in West Delhi.
The clinic is a peripheral health care unit which is aimed at providing better medical facility to the weaker sections.
2. Union Home Ministry has approved to raise seventeen new police battalions in Jammu and Kashmir and the Naxal-hit states. Of these 17 police battalions, 5 battalions will be for Jammu and Kashmir and 12 for the Maoist-affected states.
1. India and Myanmar issued a joint statement on bilateral cooperation after the conclusion of the first meeting of the India-Myanmar Joint Consultative Commission (JCC) in New Delhi.
2. World’s sixth biggest greenhouse gas polluter, Japan has pledged to cut emissions 26 per cent from 2013 levels by 2030 in a bid to fight calamitous global warming. In this regard, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe led government submitted its target to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
3. The official nationality preference survey in recently swapped 162 enclaves on India- Bangladesh border under the Land Boundary Agreement (LBA) has ended. The survey was conducted by the Enclaves Exchange Co-ordination Committee (EECC) of both countries for ascertaining the nationality preference of over 50,000 enclave-residents.
1. Amelie Mauresmo, the two-time Grand Slam winner and former number one tennis player of France, was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Kerala Tourism’s Muziris Heritage Project (MHP) bagged the 2015 Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) award in the ‘Heritage & Culture’ category.
2. Indian-origin doctor Shiv Pande received honorary fellowship from the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) of the UK for his contribution to the community as a general practitioner and medical educator.
Shiv Pande is a dedicated medical practitioner, charity campaigner, accomplished broadcaster and distinguished academic.
1. India and Russia have signed a customs and liberalize business visas agreement to boost trade between both countries to remove the hindrances and boost commerce.
This pact will help to rapid clearances of imported goods at the land and sea ports and addresses the issues related to the non-tariff barriers. Both countries also have fixed a target of US 30 billion dollars to be achieved by 2025.
Science & Technology:
1. Union Agriculture Ministry has launched 3 agricultural-portals namely Soil Health Card (SHC) portal, Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) and Fertiliser Quality Control System portal (FQCS).
These portals seek to make the process of fertilisers’ quality checking, organic farming certification and issuance of soil health cards more transparent and accountable.
1. Nelson Mandela International Day was observed across the world on 18 July 2015 to honour the former South African President and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Nelson Mandela (1918-2013).
1. American actor best known for his role as Moe Greene in crime drama The Godfather, Alex Rocco died. He was 79.
2. Noted Urdu fiction writer Dr Bisheshar Pradeep died in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. He was 80.
3. Alcides Edgardo Ghiggia, the Uruguayan soccer legend, died on 16 July 2015 following a heart attack. He was 88.