Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Allahabad High court ordered to ban the manufacturing and sale of Chinese thread (Chinese manjha) across Uttar Pradesh.
The thread is a highly abrasive type of nylon string that is used during flying kites.
2. 50 districts out of total 75 in Uttar Pradesh have been declared drought-hit by the state government led by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
1. Egypt and Russia signed an agreement to build a nuclear power plant in Egypt.
As per the agreement, Russia will extend a loan to Egypt to cover the cost of construction.
1. Maharashtra’s chess player Srishti Pandey clinched the second Indiana All India FIDE Rating Chess tournament.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Tennis champion-turned Hollywood filmmaker Ashok Amritraj was awarded with an honorary doctorate of Arts by the University of East London.
2. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has been chosen for the prestigious 2015 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development.
1. Senior JDU leader Nitish Kumar was sworn-in as Chief Minister of Bihar for the fifth time.
Science & Technology:
1. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), India’s largest software exporter launched a new Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Internet of Things (IoT) in collaboration with Intel.
The CoE is located at the TCS campus in Hyderabad.
2. Union Government has launched the Technology Acquisition and Development Fund (TADF) under the National Manufacturing Policy (NMP), 2011.
1. Former Gujarat Governor Ram Krishna Trivedi died on 19 November 2015 after prolonged illness in Lucknow. He was 94.