Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Andhra Pradesh Government has launched Giriputrika Kalyana Pathakam Scheme to support the tribal women in their quest for livelihood.
The scheme seeks to reduce rampant infant mortality and child marriages among tribal people.
The scheme is designed to provide a onetime financial assistance of 50,000 rupees to each tribal woman who gets married.
2. The Nai Manzil scheme was launched for the first time in Jammu and Kashmir.
The scheme was launched for girls in Srinagar in three institutions- Skill Development Centre, University of Kashmir and two Madarsas.
1. Moldovan parliament appointed Pavel Filip as the Prime Minister. He would be the third prime minister of Moldova in less than a year.
1. Indian Formula Car driver and Sahara Force India Academy racer, Jehan Daruvala has won the 2016 Lady Wigram Trophy in New Zealand.
2. The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) announced that it signed a marketing deal with Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS).
As per the contract, the IOS will manage sponsorship and public relations for the IOA for all the major national and international events.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, won the award of the world’s best hotel at the Travellers’ Choice award organized by TripAdvisor.
The winners of Travellers’ Choice Award, which entered its 14th year, were determined on the basis of the reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travellers worldwide.
2. Person of Indian Origin Rahul Thakkar was named as one of winners of the Scientific and Technical Awards given by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, famously called Oscar Awards.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior Indian Revenue Service (IRS) Officer Atulesh Jindal has been appointed chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) has signed a MoU with the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) to monitor the mining activities in the country through satellite technology.
The remote sensing cell will utilise web-based Bhuvan GIS (Geographic Information System) services for monitoring mining activities.
2. The Chhattisgarh Government signed a share-holding agreement with a few central government-run corporations for the second phase of Jagdalpur-Raoghat railway project.
A special purpose vehicle (SPV)-Chhattisgarh Dakshin Railway Pvt Ltd-was constituted through the agreement to build 142 km railway line at a cost of 2000 crore rupees.
The project aims at leading the economic development of tribal-dominated Bastar region.
1. Legendary classical danseuse Mrinalini Sarabhai passed away in Ahmedabad, Gujarat due to age related health complications. She was 97.
2. Italian director Ettore Scola passed away following a prolonged illness in Rome. He was 84.