Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry has launched new anti-TB (Tuberculosis) drug Bedaquiline.
It was launched by the Union Health Minister J P Nadda as part of the TB national programme.
Initially the drug will be made available in six public hospitals in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Guwahati and Ahmedabad.
Later it will be introduced in 104 districts across five States.
2. The fast patrol vessel (FPV) of the Indian Coast Guard ICGS Arnvesh was commissioned at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
The ship is primarily intended to undertake coastal patrol, surveillance at sea, anti-smuggling, anti-piracy operations and search and rescue operations.
The vessel among the 20 FPVs indigenously built by Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL).
It is capable of carrying a crew of five officers and 34 men on board.
3. The Indian Navy for the first has deployed a P8I maritime reconnaissance aircraft to Seychelles for surveillance in the Exclusive Economic Zone of Seychelles.
The deployment has been done in accordance with the MoU signed between India and Seychelles.
The deployment will provide Professional assistance to the Seychelles People’s Defence Force (SPDF) in curbing illegal activities and piracy as well as contribute towards security and stability in the IOR.
4. India has assumed BRICS Chairmanship from the Russian Federation for the year 2016.
BRICS is the acronym for an association of five major emerging national economies Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj formally unveiled the BRICS Logo for the duration of India’s BRICS Chairmanship and also launched website.
For the second time India has assumed BRICS Chairmanship and had hosted the BRICS Summit in 2012 for first time in New Dehli.
The 7th BRICS Summit was held in the Russian city of Ufa in July 2015.
1. Indian wrestler Hardeep Singh has won silver medal in the Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament in the 98 kg category.
The tournament held in Astana, Kazakhstan.
With this win, Hardeep became the first Indian to get an Olympic berth in the Greco-Roman category in last 12 years.
The previous participation in this category was of Mausam Khatri in 2004 Athens Games.
1. Every year World Water Day (WWD) is observed globally on 22 March to preserve and ration consumption of water.
WWD is observed to make a difference for the members of the global population who suffer from water related issues.
It marks a day to prepare for how we manage water in the future.
2016 Theme for WWD was “Better Water, Better Jobs” that focuses on the central role that water plays in creating and supporting good quality jobs.
Almost half of the world’s workers (nearly 1.5 billion) people work in water related sectors and nearly all jobs depend on water and those that ensure its safe delivery.
1. Andrew Grove, Intel’s former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chairman passed away due to Parkinson’s disease. He was 79.
He was a science pioneer in the semiconductor industry and under his leadership Intel became a household name in computers.
He had played pioneering role in transforming Intel into the world’s largest manufacturer of semiconductors.
He was famously referred as the ‘guy who drove the growth phase’ of Silicon Valley.
His 1999 book “Only the Paranoid Survive” is still popular in the business management world.