1. Rajasthan Legislative Assembly has passed two bills to provide reservation in educational institutions and government jobs to economically backward classes (EBC) and special backward classes (SBC) including Gujjars.
Two Bills are-
Rajasthan Special Backward Classes Reservation Bill, 2015
Rajasthan Economically Backward Classes Reservation Bill, 2015
2. Ministry Health and Family Welfare has released National Health Profile (NHP) 2015, which provides comprehensive information related to health sector.
3. Indian Coast Guard has commissioned two new ships named Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Apoorva and Interceptor Boat C-421.
The ships were commissioned by Vice Admiral SPS Cheema, Flag Officer Commanding in Chief of Western Naval Command (Mumbai) off the naval dockyard in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
4. Rajasthan Assembly passed the Rajasthan Vexation Litigation Prevention Bill, 2015 by voice vote.
The objective of the bill is to prevent filing of baseless cases and to check the misuse of law for personal benefits.
It covers both civil and criminal cases in the high court and subordinate courts. With this Rajasthan became the fifth state in India after Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa and Madhya Pradesh to pass such legislation.
1. The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) has given its approval to a multi-billion dollar deal to purchase Military helicopters from United States aviation giant Boeing.
Under this deal, India will purchase 22 Apache Attack helicopters and 15 Chinook heavy-lift choppers from Boeing.
2. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Cambodia for bilateral cooperation in the field of tourism.
3. Alexis Tsipras led left-wing Syriza party has emerged as the largest party in the general (snap) elections to the Greece’s Parliament.
In this election, Syriza party won 144 seats in the 300 seat Parliament by securing 35 percent of total votes.
While the Conservative New Democracy Party has emerged second largest party by winning 75 seats and Golden Dawn has emerged third largest party by winning 18 seats.
4. India and Pakistan have agreed to exercise restraint and work to defuse the situation on Line of Control (LoC) which has been witnessing repeated ceasefire violations.
1. India’s Ajay Jayaram has won silver medal in 2015 Korea Open Badminton tournament in the Men’s singles category.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Hindustan Times Group chairperson Shobhana Bharatia and PepsiCo Chairman Indra Nooyi have been awarded 2015 Global Leadership Award of the US-India Business Council (USIBC).
2. Don Mohanlal, an Indian School of Business (ISB) alumnus, figures among the top 100 Global Influential Leaders awarded by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
3. Dr. P Sivakumar has been elevated as Distinguished Scientist with immediate effect by the Union Defence Ministry Ministry.
He has been promoted in recognition of his diligence and dedication in self-reliance effort for defence combat vehicle systems and sub-systems.
4. Eminent Urdu litterateur Shamim Hanfi was conferred with inaugural Jnangarima Manad Alankaran award of Bharatiya Jnanpith.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Sterlite Technologies acquires Elitecore Technologies for INR 180 crore.
This acquisition widens Sterlite’s telecom portfolio of offerings to its global customers.
2. Paytm invests $10 mn in logistics data startup LogiNext.
1. Sherif Ismail has sworn-in as the new Prime Minister of Egypt.
He was administered oath to the office by President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.
2. Yudhvir Singh Malik, who presided over the ban of Nestlé India’s Maggi noodles as chief executive officer of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) in June, has been transferred to NITI Aayog.
Science & Technology:
1. China has successfully launched a newly-developed smaller version of carrier rocket Long March-6 as part of the country’s space program. It was launched from the base in the Northern Province of Shanxi and was carrying 20 micro satellites into the space.
1. Every year September 21 is being observed as International Day of Peace across the world.
The theme for the year 2015 is Partnerships for Peace- Dignity for All.
1. Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Jagmohan Dalmiya passed away in in Kolkata, West Bengal. He was 75.
2. British-American romance novelist Jackie Collins passed away in California, United States. She was 77 and died due to stage 4 breast cancer.