1. Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has notified an order to make Universal Account Number (UAN) mandatory for all its employers. It will be mandatory for all employers covered under the Employees Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
2. Maharashtra has officially declared Blue Mormon species as State butterfly as part of state symbols.
About Blue Mormon -
Blue Mormon (Papilio polymnestor) is the second largest butterfly species in terms of size, after the southern birdwing (Troides minos).
Description: Blue Mormon has black, velvet wings with bright blue spots. The lower ends of its wings are black. Its body has some red spots on one side.
Distribution: It is only found in (endemic to) Sri Lanka, Western Ghats of Maharashtra, South India and coastal belts of the country.
In case of Maharashtra, it can be occasionally spotted in its mainland parts of Vidarbha and Western Maharashtra.
2. The Kerala cabinet on Wednesday approved the finalizing of a contract with German tennis icon Steffi Graf to promote ayurveda in the state’s Visit Kerala campaign.
3. Book titled Red Tape to Red Carpet and then some authored by Gina Rinehart was released on 23rd June 2015. The book was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi in presence of Australian Minister for trade and investment, Andrew Robb, and former Australian Prime Minister Paul Keating.
4. India decided to be a partner country in the major Industrial Fair named INNOPROM 2016 to be held at Yekaterinburg, Russia in July 2016.
5. Rajasthan topped the list of states commissioning grid connected solar power projects in the country with an installed capacity of 1147 megawatt. The list was released by the Union ministry of New and Renewable Energy on 4th June 2015.
1. Sri Lanka, China begin joint military training exercise ‘Silk Route- 2015′.
1. India has emerged as the third largest Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) source for United Kingdom (UK) in 2014-15.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Telecom major Bharti Airtel has launched 4th Generation (4G) services in Mysuru (or Mysore), Karnataka.
2. India and South Africa have renewed an agreement to extend cooperation in the various fields of science and technology such as astronomy, social innovation, biotechnology, agriculture and indigenous knowledge systems.
Awards & Recognition:
1. India’s oldest and largest shipping trade union, National Union of Seafarers of India (NUSI) has been honored with the ‘Best Welfare Organization of the Year – 2015’ award.
2. Uttar Pradesh Government renamed the Lucknow Prani Udyan, popularly known as Lucknow zoo, as Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Prani Udyan, Lucknow.
1. Dennis A. Muilenburg to become Boieng’s new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
1. Kerala Government has declared June 22 as ‘Snake Bird Day’ in a bid to protect the endangered species which is also known as Indian darter.
1. James Horner, the two-time Oscar-winning composer died in plane crash in California, United States. He was 61. He had also composed for the Avatar and Titanic.
1. Union minister of state for power and coal (Independent charge) Piyush Goyal on Tuesday inaugurated the newly built International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) campus at Naya Raipur.