Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Conservative opposition candidate Mauricio Macri of Republican Proposal Party has won Argentina’s 2015 Presidential election.
2. Delhi Assembly has passed the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) (Delhi Amendment) Bill, 2015.
The bill widens the scope of magisterial inquiry into cases of suspicious death, rapes in police custody and suspicious disappearances.
3. The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) released the report titled The Human Cost of Weather Related Disasters.
The report was compiled by UNISDR and the Belgian-based Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters (CRED).
4. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) on bilateral cooperation and technical assistance.
1. Dutchman Roger Van Gent was appointed as the strategic coach for the Indian men’s Hockey.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Kuldip Nayar, a veteran journalist, columnist and author was honored with Ramnath Goenka Lifetime Achievement Award.
He was awarded for his contribution to journalism.
2. Noted Marathi actor Prashant Damle was selected for the Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Award.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. US drugs giant Pfizer Inc. has struck upon a deal to buy Ireland based Allergan for 160 billion dollars making it the biggest pharmaceuticals merger deal in history of healthcare sector.
1. Rishi Gour was appointed as Country President of Support services company Sodexo India On-site Services.
2. The Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the appointment of Michael Keating of United Kingdom as Special Representative for Somalia and Head of the UN Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM).
Science & Technology:
1. India-Pakistan border in Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan has been successfully lighted with solar power generated form first ever project of its kind undertaken in the country.
1. Noted labour economist Dr. T.S. Papola passed away in New Delhi. He was 74.