1. Union Government has given its approval for implementation of Integrated Air Command & Control System (IACCS) project of Indian Air force (IAF) with allocation of 8,000-crore rupees.
IACCS system is an automated command and control system for Air Defense (AD) which integrates different air sensors and radars to protect Indian airspace.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Ireland on 23rd September 2015.
He is the first Prime Minister of India to visit Ireland in 59 years.
Last Prime Minister to visit Ireland was Jawahar Lal Nehru in 1956.
3. Telenor Group announced that it had changed its brand identity along with legal company name from Uninor, its subsidiary in India, as Telenor India Communications Pvt. Ltd.
4. National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) released the data of 68th Round on Status of Education and Vocational Training in India.
This report is based on the employment and unemployment survey conducted in the 68th round of NSS during July 2011 to June 2012.
5. The former publisher of Penguin India and editor-in-chief of Random House India, Chiki Sarkar launched her own publishing company, Juggernaut.
Sarkar has founded the company in collaboration with ex-CEO of Web18, Durga Raghunath.
At presnt, Raghunath is the CEO and co-founder of news portal, Firstpost.
6. Haryana Government increased the pension given to the ex-servicemen or widows of soldiers who took part in World War I and World War II.
The pension has been increased by 1500 rupees.
7. The United National Development Program (UNDP) stated its intention to provide support in implementation of Arunachal Vision 2030 of Arunachal Pradesh.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Mukesh Ambani has been named as India’s richest person for ninth consecutive year in a row with a net worth of 18.9 billion dollars in the 2015 Forbes magazine’s India rich list.
2. Marathi film ‘Court’ has been selected as India’s official entry to the Best Foreign Language category of the 88th Academy Awards 2016 (popularly known as Oscars).
3. Eminent Hindi writer Dr. Kamal Kishore Goenka has been conferred with prestigious 24th Vyaas Samman for year 2014.
He was bestowed with this award in recognition of his work ‘Premchand ki Kahaniyon ka Kaal Kramanusaar Adhyayan’.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Sports Ministry of China to crack down on the supply and manufacture of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDS) in the country.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Martin Winterkorn resigned as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Volkswagen.
2. Michel Kafando was reinstated as the president of Burkina Faso in the capital Ouagadougou.
1. Revered monk of the Hindu monastic order, Swami Dayanand Saraswati, died in his ashram in Rishikesh. He was 85 years old.
2. Baseball legend Lawrence Peter “Yogi” Berra died at his home in New Jersey. He was 90.