Update your IQ with the GK Eduwrap Daily Edition, loaded with GK updates, Current Affairs and all major happenings across the Globe. With GK Eduwrap you can now confidently crack the IBPS, SSC’s Current Affairs Section. Good Luck
1. Uttar Pradesh Government amended State Film Policy to attract tourism. Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh (UP) Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated the UP Film Bnadhus’s Website and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up a Film City.
2. Union Government has approved 21 proposals of Foreign Direct Investment (DI) amounting to over 280 crore rupees. The approved FDI proposals were based on recommendations of the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB).
3. Indian-origin entrepreneur Ranjit Singh Baxi elected as the Head of the Bureau of International Recycling, a global organisation that facilitates free and fair trade of recyclables in a sustainable and competitive world economy.
4. Delhi Government tied up with Rotary Club for revamping government schools in the state by upgrading sanitation and strengthening basic infrastructure facilities like drinking water and toilets.
5. Expert committee on Health Insurance of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) chaired by M. Ramaprasad in its report has suggested changing the wordings of disclaimer in advertisements of insurance companies.
Till date, as per the IRDA mandate all insurance companies issued a disclaimer, “Insurance is a subject matter of solicitation”, in all their advertisements. The Committee recommended the following wordings for the disclaimer “Before buying, know the conditions and exclusions, to make a well-informed decision.”
1. A new scientific study has found that a sudden and massive ice loss in a previously stable region of Antarctica is causing small changes in the gravitational field of the Earth. This study was led by Dr. Bert Wouters, a Marie Curie Fellow at the University of Bristol, England and was recently published in Science Journal.
The changes were observed using the CryoSat-2 satellite, a mission of the European Space Agency (ESA) dedicated to remote-sensing of ice.
2. HAL has signed an MoU with BAE Systems for upgradation of Hawk Mk132, development of combat Hawk for Indian and export markets and maintenance solutions for supporting Jaguar and Hawk fleet.
3. Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world’s largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whopping $3.5 billion in the holiest city of Mecca.
1. State-run Corporation Bank cut base rate or minimum lending rate by 0.25% point to 10 per cent, a move which will lead to lower EMIs for its customers. The bank has revised the base rate for lending from 10.25% to 10% with effect from June 1.
1. Union Government has appointed Manoj Mishra as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of state-run National Fertilizers Ltd (NFL).
2. Jony Ive has been promoted to a newly created designation of Chief Design Officer in Apple Inc. He will handover managerial responsibilities of industrial design and user interface design to Richard Howarth and Alan Dye respectively.
1. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 24 May 2015 recommended Contract system for Indian women cricket team. The recommendations were released at the finance committee meeting held in Delhi.
On the lines of Men’s cricket, a Contract system for international Women cricketers was proposed. It was also proposed to have more international fixtures for the Indian women’s cricket team.