1. First phase of Chennai Metro service was inaugurated by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
2. India is fourth largest carbon emitter in the world in terms of per capita emission accounting for 6.6 % of global emissions for the year 2012.
3. Team of British scientists have discovered the first species of Yeti crab from hydrothermal vent systems in Antarctica. Study in this regard was published in the journal Plos One.
4. India has become most attractive investment destination in world after it was ranked first among 110 countries in a ranking of destinations for attractiveness to foreign investors.
5. Himachal Pradesh High Court has ruled that the daughters in tribal areas in the state shall inherit the property in accordance with Hindu Succession Act, 1956. This landmark judgment will help to bring a new resolution in the tribal society’s inoder to grant equal rights to the girls and bring down gender disparity.
6. Andhra Pradesh government has decided to form a Cabinet sub-committee named as Krishi Cabinet. This sub-committee will focus on the challenges of the Primary Sector Mission of state government undertaken to make agriculture and its allied activities profitable and sustainable for all-round improvement of the rural economy.
7. Two Indian organizations Indian Army and Indian Railways are among the world’s biggest employers, together employing around 2.7 million people, as per a research published by the World Economic Forum on 17 June 2015.
8. Book titled Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji authored by former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and Arun Tiwari was released on 15 June 2015.
9. Private insurer Bajaj Allianz on 28 June 2015 launched a weather-based crop insurance scheme for orange crops in Nagpur, Hingoli and Washim districts of Maharashtra.
10. Social networking giant Facebook has added 13 million users in six months to take its userbase to 125 million in India, its second-biggest market globally.
1. An unmanned American SpaceX rocket dubbed Falcon-9 broke apart in flames minutes after lifting off from Cape Canaveral in Florida on 28th June 2015. The accident occurred in only two and half minutes after the launch.
2. Universal’s ” Jurassic World” has become the fastest film to gross $500 million in North America.
Science & Technology:
1. A team of British scientists led by Dr Sven Thatje published the discovery of the first species of Yeti Crab in Antarctica in the journal PLOS ONE.
The species has been named Kiwa tyleri after British deep-sea and polar biologist Professor Paul Tyler from the University of Southampton.
2. Heart experts, including one of an Indian-origin, have successfully integrated two common imaging techniques to produce the first 3D anatomic model of a patient’s heart.
This is the first time the integration of computed tomography (CT) and 3D transesophageal echocardiography (3DTEE) has successfully been used for printing a hybrid 3D model of heart.
The study also opens the way for these techniques to be used in combination with a third tool — magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) ..
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Volkswagen Group owned, MAN Diesel & Turbo SE a wholly owned subsidiary of MAN SE has acquired 100 per cent of the shares of Pvt MaxWatt Turbines. Ltd., an Indian specialist company for engineering, production and service of steam turbines for applications in power generation and mechanical drives.
2. Bahrain-based GFH Financial Group signed an agreement with Indian conglomerate Adani Group for developing aMumbai Economic Development Zone (MEDZ).
1. Online directory services and marketplace for small and medium enterprises (SME), IndiaMart has hired Mudit Khosla as senior vice president for big supplier initiatives.
2. Data Security Council of India (DSCI) named cyber crime expert Nandkumar Saravade its Chief Executive Officer.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Veteran Writer Vishwanath Tripathi was on 27 June 2015 selected for the 28th Moorti Devi Award for the year 2014 for his book Vyomkesh Darvesh. Vyomkesh Darvesh is a lifetime story of Acharya Hazari Prasad Dwivedi.
2. President Pranab Mukharjee on 26 June 2015 conferred Punyabhushan Award on Prataprao Pawar, Chairman of Sakal Media Group (SMG) at Balgandharva Auditorium in Pune.
1. Indian pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwni Ponappa won the women’s doubles title of the Canada Open Badminton tournament.
2. Satnam Singh Bhamara became the first Indian born basketball player to be drafted in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was chosen by the Dallas Mavericks team as the 52nd pick in the NBA Draft. He was selected amongst the 60 young men who will play in the next season of NBA.
3. Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia and Michelle Li of Canada won the men’s and women’s singles title of the Canada Open Badminton tournament respectively.
1. Former Prime minister Yevgeny Primakov passed away in Moscow after a prolonged illness. He was 85. He had served as PM for just eight months between September 1998 and May 1999.
2. Chris Squire, the co-founder and longtime bassist of progressive rock band Yes, has died at his home in Phoenix Arizona after losing battle with leukemia