1. INS Kochi (Kolkata-class Destroyer) is to be commissioned by Indian Navy has commissioned INS Kochi.
2. Third edition of India-Sri Lanka joint military exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2015 has begun at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
The main motive of this exercise is to best military practices between the two Armies and maintain healthy ‘military to military’
3. Union Government has constituted an expert committee to examine various issues related to UPSC civil services examination to select IAS and IPS officers.
The committee panel would be headed by the former IAS officer from Chhattisgarh cadre B.S. Baswan.
The committee will look into all aspects of civil services examination including age relaxation, eligibility, syllabus and pattern of examination.
4. On the occasion of World’s Tourism Day, Union Ministry of Tourism launched some initiatives to empower tourism in India. These Initiatives are-
Medical and Wellness Tourism Board
Tourism Vision Document 2030.
1. Ace Indian shooter Abhinav Bindra has bagged gold medal in the men’s 10 metre Air Rifle event of the Asian Air Gun Championships held in New Delhi.
2. India’s ace cueist Pankaj Advani has won 2015 IBSF World Billiards Championship (Time Format) in Adelaide, Australia.
It was his overall 14th World title.
3. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain won 2015 Japanese Grand Prix title of Formula One.
Rankings after 2015 Japanese Grand Prix
1st position: Lewis Hamilton (Britain) of Mercedes.
2nd position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes.
3rd position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari.
4th position: Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) of Ferrari.
5th position: Valtteri Bottas (Finland) of Williams.
6th position: Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) of Force India
12th position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India.
Top 5 Teams: Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Williams and Force India.
4. Indo-Swiss tennis pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis have won women’s doubles title of 2015 Guangzhou Open Tennis Tournament.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Mathematician Dr. Jacob Tsimerman from Canada has been chosen for the prestigious 2015 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize.
He is an assistant professor at the University of Toronto, Canada and his mathematics research work is primarily in the field of Number Theory and surrounding topics.
2. Prince Charles of Britain awarded Indo-British van driver Dee Patel with the Pride of Britain Award.
Patel had risked his life to save others.
When going to home after finishing his work at office on 18th May 2005, Patel noticed a car coming towards him drastically. He realized that the driver of the car, a young woman, slumped unconscious over the steering wheel. It was when Patel, without wasting any time, came for the rescue of the woman.
3. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), Lucknow won the CSIR Award for S&T Innovations for Rural Development (CAIRD) 2014.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Reliance Defence signed an agreement with Emirates Defence Industries Company (EDIC) in defence sector.
This tie-up seeks to boost partnership between both countries for manufacturing, knowledge transfer, services and technology development from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
1. Governor of Meghalaya V. Shanmuganathan was appointed to take additional charge of Governor of Manipur after when previous Governor Dr. Syed Ahmed passed away.
2. S K Sharma was appointed as the Chairman of Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB).
1. Union Government has signed a loan agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB) for US 123.51 million dollars for Infrastructure Development Investment Program.
Science & Technology:
1. Search engine giant Google is working with Indian Railways and RailTel to provide high-speed public Wi-Fi in 400 Indian railway stations.
2. Astrosat has been successfully launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikotta.
Astrosat is India’s first dedicated multi-wavelength space research and one of the major scientific mission of ISRO after the highly acclaimed Chandrayaan-I and Mangalyaan.
3. Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) set up its first 10 MW solar power plant at Neyveli.
It is the first renewable energy project of the corporation.
4. Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu launched Indian Railway Knowledge Portal.
The portal was launched as an initiative of National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR) which allows the user to access most of the available knowledge about Indian Railways at one location due to linkage of websites, documents and much more.
1. Every year World Tourism Day (WTD) is observed on September 27.
Theme for 2015: “One Billion Tourists, One Billion Opportunities“.
This year’s theme emphasizes the impact of the tourism sector on economic growth, job creation and development.
2. The World Heart Day was assumed on 29th September 2015 across the world with creating heart-healthy environments.
The purpose of the day is to ensure people participation across the globe in the world’s biggest intervention against cardiovascular disease (CVD).
1. Former England fast bowler Frank Tyson passed away in Australia. He was 85.
He was nicknamed as ‘Typhoon’ for his extreme pace.
2. Renowned Hindi poet Viren Dangwal passed away after a prolonged illness. He was 68.
3. Manipur Governor Dr. Syed Ahmad passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 75.
4. Hoping Stone Lyngdoh, Meghalaya’s oldest and longest serving legislator, passed away in Shillong. He was 86.