Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Japan’s ShinMaywa Industries is planning to set up manufacturing plant of US-2 amphibious aircraft in India under ‘Make in India’ initiative to cater to international demands.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior IPS officer Archana Ramasundram (58) was appointed as the Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
With this, she became first woman police officer to lead a central police force that guards the country’s international borders.
2. Union Government has appointed senior IPS officer K Durga Prasad has Director General (DG) of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
3. The Union Government appointed Jai Kumar Garg as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Corporation Bank for a period of three years.
4. An Indian national Saroj Kumar Jha was in news as he was appointed as the Senior Director for the Fragility, Conflict and Violence Groupat the World Bank.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The World Bank Board approved a 35 million US dollars credit for the Citizen Access to Responsive Services Project.
The Project will improve access to selected public services for the people of Madhya Pradesh (MP) and particularly those belonging to deprived groups.
2. The Himachal Pradesh Government decided to spend 15 crore rupees on Swachh Bharat Mission in tribal district of Kinnaur.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed two bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) with United Kingdom (UK).
These APAs were signed with two Indian group entities of a UK based Multi-National Company (MNC) as per the terms of Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP) process mentioned in the India-UK Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA).
2. India and Afghanistan inked a pact for visa-free travel by their diplomats.
Science & Technology:
1. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared an international public health emergency over the explosive spread of the mosquito-borne Zika virus.
1. The World Wetlands Day was observed on 2 February 2016 across the globe to mark the adoption of the Convention on Wetlands in the city of Ramsar in Iran in 1971.
The theme of World Wetlands Day this year is Wetlands for our Future – Sustainable Livelihoods.