Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
National – Across the India:
1. The Madhya Pradesh High Court has termed reservation in promotions in the state as unconstitutional.
Ruling in this regard was given by HC division bench chaired by Chief Justice A M Khanwilkar on the petitions filed several employee associations and social organizations.
Petitioners had challenged the rules of the state government which provided reservation in promotion for Scheduled Castes and Schedule Tribes.
2. The Union Government has launched National LED programme – Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA).
It was launched by Union Minister for State (IC) for Power, Coal and Renewable Energy Piyush Goyal in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
The UJALA scheme is being implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture of PSUs under the Union Ministry of Power.
3. Maharashtra Government has launched Adi Praman, a web-based application for state’s tribal population to get the caste validity certificates online.
It was launched along with portal named email@example.com by Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao.
The application is first of its kind for any state in India.
The app will make the entire process of securing caste validity certificate easy, fast and transparent and would effectively curb the menace of bogus certificates.
4. The Union Government launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) for providing free of cost LPG (cooking gas) connections to women from BPL Households.
It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Maldepur Morh, Ballia in Uttar Pradesh.
The tagline for the scheme is Swachh Indhan, Behtar Jeevan.
Under PMUY, each of the beneficiaries will receive monetary support of about 1,600 rupees to get a connection of cooking gas.
1. Indian women’s team has won silver medal in the recurve team final of Archery World Cup held at the Yuanshen Stadium in Shanghai, China.
Women’s team comprised of Deepika Kumari, Bombayla Devi Laishram and Laxmirani Majhi.
In the final match they lost to Chinese Taipei team by 2-6 score.
While men’s trio team and mixed pair won their respective bronze playoffs in the first stage of Archery World Cup.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 came into force on 1 May 2016.
Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) had notified 69 of the total 92 sections of the Act to bring it into force from 1 May 2016.
Real Estate Regulatory Authority will be formulated within one year as per the mandate of Act.
Regulatory Authorities will have to dispose of complaints in 60 days and Appellate Tribunals will be required to adjudicate cases in 60 days.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has inked MoU with SAARC Development Fund (SDF) for mutual cooperation and collaboration.
The MoU was signed by SIDBI Deputy Managing Director A K Kapur and SDF CEO Sunil Motiwal.
SDF and SIDBI to work together in co-funding of projects in Indian MSMEs on risk sharing basis in identified sectors.
2. India and New Zealand have signed a landmark Air Services Agreement paving the way for introduction of direct flights between the two countries.
The agreement was signed in the presence of the President Pranab Mukherjee and the New Zealand Prime Minister John Key.
The agreement will lead to easier air connectivity between both countries that have inhibited both business travel and people- to- people contact in the past.
Science & Technology:
1. The Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) has launched mobile app “Indian Customs- Guide to Travellers” for dissemination of information about Customs Baggage Rules, 2016.
The application has been launched to inform traders, exporters and importers about Customs Baggage Rules, 2016.
It has been developed by Bengaluru Customs and is available on Android Play store, Apple Store and Windows Store.