Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Punjab Government declared to set up bio-ethanol refinery to tackle the wheat hazards and paddy straw burning.
1. China, world most populous country has announced to abandon its three decades-long one-child policy and changed it two-child policy to balance population development world’s second largest economy.
2. In China, sexual assault of men was declared a crime with effective from 31st October 2015.
3. Ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) won majority in Parliamentary elections of Turkey.
1. Mercedes racing driver Nico Rosberg of Germany won the 2015 Mexican Gand Prix Formula 1 championship.
2. Roger Federer of Switzerland won the Swiss Indoors men’s singles tennis title.
3. New Zealand won the Rugby World Cup for the third time. With this win, New Zealand became the first team to retain the Webb Ellis Cup.
World Rugby Awards Winners
Man of the Match: Dan Carter (New Zealand)
Team of the Year: New Zealand
Coach of the Year: Michael Cheika (Australia)
Player of the Year: Dan Carter (New Zealand)
Breakthrough Player of the Year: Nehe Milner-Skudder (New Zealand)
Try of the Year: Julian Savea (New Zealand) vs France
Referee of the Year: Nigel Owens.
4. Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis won Singapore BNP Paribas WTA Finals women’s doubles title.
Awards & Recognition
1. India was placed at 7th position in world’s most valuable nation brands report among the 100 assessed nations.
Top 7 countries
United States, China, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, France and India.
Mergers & Acquisition
1. Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications (RCom) to take over Russian conglomerate Sistema Shyam Teleservices’ (SSTL) venture that operates under the brand name of MTS for a cashless deal valued at around 4500-5000 crore rupees.
2. US-based social networking giant Facebook partnered with state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) to create 100 WiFi hotspots in rural areas of western and southern India.
1. Senior IRS officer Najib Shah was appointed as the chairman of Central Board of Excise and Customers (CBEC).
2. Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das was nominated to the Central Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) by Union Government.
3. Anil Kumar Jha took over the charge of Chairman-cum-Managing Director (CMD) of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL), a leading subsidiary of Coal India.
4. Air Marshal Virender Mohan Khanna took over as the Air Officer-in-charge Maintenance (AOM) at Air Headquarters, New Delhi.
1. National Unity Day was observed on 31st October 2015 across India.
The day was celebrated on occasion of the 140th birthday of Independent India’s first Deputy Prime Minister and also known as Iron Man of India or Bismarck of India, Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
1. Hero Group founder Brijmohan Lall Munjal died in New Delhi. He was 92.
2. American actor Al Molinaro, best known for playing diner owner Al Delvecchio on the TV series Happy Days, died in Glendale, California due to complications from gall stones. He was 96.
3. Renowned archaeologist and pre-historian Professor Virendra Nath Misra passed away due to old-age related problems. He was 80.