1. Union Government has appointed a 5 member committee to review the research grants offered by University Grants Commission (UGC).
2. Madhya Pradesh government has decided to provide 33 percent reservation to women in government jobs.
3. The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development launched a new initiative to spread awareness about the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Scheme.
The initiative was launched in partnership with Celltick Mobile Media India Pvt. Ltd. to generate awareness about BBBP Scheme to an estimated 100 million mobile users in India.
1. China has strongly condemned US warship’s passage near disputed artificial islands in the South China Sea spiraling tensions between both nations.
2. The Asia Pacific region is the most disaster prone part of the world as it had suffered around 1,625 disasters in the decade through 2014.
3. Nepal has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with China in order to import all kinds of fuel in order to ease fuel crisis in the country.
4. Indian and France have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to conserve, develop and publicize written heritage at the National Library in Kolkata, West Bengal.
5. World Health Organization (WHO) released Global Tuberculosis Report 2015 in Washington.
1. Indian para-athlete Amit Kumar Saroha won silver medal in men’s club throw F51 event in the IPC Athletics World Championships in Doha.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Saudi blogger Raif Badawi has been selected for European Union’s prestigious Sakharov Prize for human rights for year 2015.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Global IT services company HCL Technologies acquired PowerObjects, a leading North American provider of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, for approximately 299 crore rupees.
1. John Pombe Magufuli of ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) party has become the president of Tanzanian.
2. Bidhya Devi Bhandari of the ruling Communist Party of Nepal has been elected as first female President of Nepal.
3. Narendra Nayak was appointed as Managing Director of BlackBerry India.
1. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) allowed non-resident Indians (NRIs) to subscribe to the National Pension System (NPS).
Science & Technology:
1. China’s first lunar rover, Yutu, has set the new record for the longest stay by a rover on the lunar surface.