Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
National – Across the India:
1. India’s first indigenous composites sonar dome, a ship’s underwater eyes and ears, was flagged off by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
The sonar dome was dedicated to the nation and will be delivered to Mazgaon Docks, Mumbai for use in the warships of Indian Navy.
The sonar dome is dsigned and produced by a Defence and Research Development Organisation’s (DRDO’s) Research and Development Establishment (Engineers) lab based in Pune.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The 13th edition of India-European Union Summit was held on in Brussels, capital of Belgium.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi represented Indian side in the summit.
The European Union (EU) was represented by President of the European Council, Donald Tusk and President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker.
The 13th summit laid out concrete priority actions for the strategic bilateral partnership in areas like trade and investment, climate, energy, water and migration in the next five years.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Faustin Archange Touadera took the oath of office as the new President of Central African Republic (CAR).
With this he becomes first elected leader of CAR since Muslim rebels had overthrown the government in early 2013.
His presidency puts an end to a two-year transitional government that came into force in early 2014.
Touadera is well respected former mathematics Professor.
He had served as Prime Minister as former Prime Minister of ex-president Francois Bozize from January 2008 to January 2013.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Supreme Court has approved Union Government’s guidelines to protect Good Samaritans, who help road accident victims, from being unnecessarily harassed by police or any other authority.
These guidelines based on the recommendations of K S Radhakrishnan committee, were approved by the SC bench comprising justices V Gopala Gowda and Arun Mishra.
These guidelines will be binding on all states and Union Territories until the Union government enacts a law to this effect.
Science & Technology:
1. Telangana Government has launched M-Wallet, new mobile app to facilitate citizens to get digital copies of documents like driving licence and registration certificate.
It was launched by Telangana IT minister KT Rama Rao and Transport Minister P Mahender Reddy in Hyderabad.
It is first of its kind application to be launched in any state of India.
2. Researchers have discovered Sand-eating tadpole species named Micrixalus herrei in Western Ghats.
The tadpole belongs to the so-called Indian Dancing Frog family, Micrixalidae.
They were discovered from the deep recesses of streambeds in the Western Ghats.
3. Asia’s largest and first of its kind optical telescope Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) was unveiled at Devasthal in Nainital District, Uttrakahnd.
It was remotely activated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Belgian counterpart Charles Michel from Belgium.
It was joint collaborative technological effort between Indian and Belgian scientists.
It will help in the study and exploration of planets, starts, magnetic field and astronomical debris. It will also help research of star structures and magnetic field structures of stars.
1. Patty Duke, acclaimed Actor and singer passed away due to Sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She was 69.
She had won Academy award (Oscar) in 1963 at the age of 16 for her portrayal of deaf blind political activist Helen Keller in The Miracle worker.
She had served as president of the Screen Actors Guild from 1985 to 1988.