Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
National – Across the India:
1. The 42nd G7 Summit was held at Ise-Shima in Japan for 2-days from 26 May to 27 May 2016.
During the summit, global economy and trade, climate change and energy, development, health and quality infrastructure investment were discussed by the leaders.
The Summit was attended by all the seven members’ viz., Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States and the European Commission (EC). EC is a permanently welcome participant in all meetings and decision-making since 1981.
1. England cricket captain Alastair Cook became youngest Cricketer to score 10000 test runs.
Cook is 31 years, 5 months, 5 days old.
He achieved the fete on the fourth day of the second test against Sri Lanka at Chester-le-Street.
It was his 128th Test.
2. Lewis Hamilton won the 2016 Monaco F1 Grand Prix. He emerged victorious in a close battle with Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Surajit Kar Purkayastha was appointed the Director General of West Bengal Police.
1. Veteran TV and film actor Suresh Chatwal passed away on 29 May 2016 following a brief illness in Mumbai.
The actor was known for his role of Commissioner Suraj Agnihotri in F.I.R .