Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Maharashtra government has announced Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Special Collective Incentive Scheme for the economically backward Dalit entrepreneurs.
Under it, special facilities will be given to Dalit entrepreneurs besides the present Collective Incentive Scheme 2013.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian filmmaker Kanu Behl directorial film ‘Titli’ has won the Best First Foreign Film Award conferred by the French Syndicate of Cinema Critics 2016 (FSCC).
2. Amitabh Harivansh Bachchan was presented with the lifetime achievement award in New Delhi.
He received the honour at NDTV Indian of the Year Awards for his contribution to the film industry.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Alphabet Inc., the parent company of Google has overtaken Apple as s most valuable company in the world.
Alphabet has made a profit of $4.9 billion in the fourth quarter and was valued at 548 billion dollars followed by Apple which was valued 534 billion dollars.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Major General Jai Shanker Menon of India has been appointed as the Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF).
2. Justice Ramayyagari Subhash Reddy was appointed as Chief Justice of the Gujarat high Court.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Brunei have signed three Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) to cooperate in the fields of defence, health and youth affairs & sports.
Science & Technology:
1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) under chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved Rajasthan Electronics and Instruments Limited (REIL) of Jaipur to delink from its parent company Instrumentation Limited (IL) and turn into an independent Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) under Department of Heavy Industry.
It will help REIL to attain a level of growth commensurate with its potential.
2. Dr. Harsh Vardhan, the Union Minister for Science, Technology and Earth Sciences inaugurated the construction work of Borehole Geophysics Research Laboratory (BGRL) at Hazarmachi, Karad of Maharashtra.
BGRL is being developed at Karad to understand and address the challenges of the seismological problems (natural calamities) of societal relevance in the Koyna Region through drilling investigation.
The program is a unique approach to understand the mechanism of earthquakes in the Koyna region.
It is proposed to drill deep boreholes to reach the depths of earthquakes in this region and set-up a deep borehole observatory.
1. Former Lok Sabha Speaker Balram Jakhar passed away in New Delhi. He was 92.
2. Economist and former deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) S.S. Tarapore passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 80.
3. Legendary Urdu fiction writer, novelist, columnist and poet Intizar Husain passed away in Lahore, Pakistan. He was 93.