1. Union Government has launched a web portal for online submission of applications for environment clearance by State Environment Impact Assessment Authorities (SEIAA) for Category B projects.
2. Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on 2 July 2015 launched the state Portal ePMS (Electronic Projects Management System) to fast track infrastructural development.
3. India launched online registration system named eMigrate system (www.emigrate.gov.in) for foreign employers (FEs) who wants to recruit Indian workers, including nurses. Under the system, FEs will have to register in the eMigrate system.
4. The Union Cabinet approved the institutional framework for the National Skill Development Mission 2015.
The Mission will provide a strong institutional framework at the Centre and States for implementation of skilling activities in the country.
5. Passengers will be able to log on to the Wi-Fi service at prominent railway stations of South East Central Railway zone, including Raipur, with the facility likely to be installed at these places by next year.
1. China’s state-run power company, Three Gorges Corporation (CTG), is keen to participate in a financing consortium to fund up to $50 billion of hydroelectric power projects in Pakistan, a media report said.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Fazle Hasan Abed of Bangladesh has been named as the winner of the 2015 World Food Prize.
He is founder and chairman of Bangladesh-based non-governmental organisation (NGO) BRAC (originally known as Bangladesh Rural Advancement Committee) which is world’s largest NGO.
2. R Paul Singh, Indian-American professor has been selected for 2015 World Agriculture Prize laureate.
The award was announced at the annual Global Confederation for Higher Education Associations for Agriculture and Life Sciences (GCHERA) conference held at the Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon.
3. Darshan Jain, an Indian-American teacher has been selected for prestigious Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Leading mobile wallet MobiKwik tied up with books and stationary retailer WHSmith India to enable offline shopping at all its retail stores.
With this tie-up, WHSmith India stores will also serve as MobiKwik Nodes where users can load money on their MobiKwik wallet.
Science & Technology:
1. Union Government has launched mobile App to know gram panchayats assets. It was launched by Union Rural Development and Minister Ch Birender Singh.
2. Scientists discovered that the Interleukin-21 (IL-21) protein plays an important role in limiting replication of human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) in infected humans.
1. K P P Nambiar, founding Chairman of Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (Keltron) died due to age-related illnesses. He was 86.