Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Odisha Government imposed a seven-month ban on fishing along the coast.
2. Indian Railways launched Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme (ATAS) called as Vikalp to provide confirmed accommodation to waitlisted passengers in alternate trains.
3. 11th National Tribal Crafts Mela Aadishilp has begun in New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Jual Oram.
1. The five day-long unique event, International Indigenous Terra Madre-2015, kicked off on 3rd November 2015 in Shillong, Meghalaya. The event will run till 7 November 2015.
2. To help strengthen bilateral defence tie, the special forces of the US and Nepalese armies launched a month-long joint military training codenamed Balance Nail 16-01 in Nepal’s mountainous regions.
1. Mana Patel, Virdhawal won best swimmers’ award in 69th senior National Aquatic Championships.
Awards & Recognition
1. Punjabi became the third most common language, after English and French, in the House of Commons of Canada after 20 Punjabi-speaking candidates were elected to the parliament in October 2015.
2. The Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) bagged the Recognition of Excellence award for GyanSetu at the ITU World Telecom 2015 held at Budapest, Hungary.
1. Captain Krishna Swaminathan took over the charge as the second Commanding Officer of INS Vikramaditya at Karwar.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) appointed Deepak Singhal as the Executive Director (ED).
Science & Technology
1. Security officials in China’s north-eastern Jilin province launched a Counter-Espionage Public Hotline to report on suspected foreign spies.
The hotline targets foreign organizations and individuals who conduct espionage activities or instigate and sponsor others in conducting them.
1. Veteran CPI(M) leader and former Speaker of the West Bengal Assembly Hasim Abdul Halin passed away in Kolkata. He was 80.