1. India has emerged world’s largest cotton producer in the season ending in September 30, 2015 by surpassing China.
1. Venus Williams wins 700th match of career at Wuhan Open.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Forbes India Leadership Awards-2015 was presented in Mumbai.
List of winners of Forbes India Leadership Awards-2015
Outstanding Start-up for the Year: Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati of Ola
Nextgen Entrepreneur for the Year: Siddhartha Lal of Eicher Motors Ltd
Entrepreneur with Social Impact: Samit Ghosh, Ujjivan Financial Services Pvt. Ltd
Conscious Capitalist Company for the year: Godrej Consumer Products Ltd and Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (Amul)
Best CEO – Multinational Company: Uday Shankar, Star India Pvt. Ltd
Best CEO – Public Sector: Arundhati Bhattacharya, State Bank of Indi
Best CEO – Private Sector: CP Gurnani, Tech Mahindra Ltd
Lifetime Achievement Award for the Year: RC Bhargava of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
Entrepreneur for the Year: Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd
2. Laureates of 2015 Right Livelihood Awards announced.
Tony de Brum & the People of the Marshall Islands, Sheila Watt-Cloutier (Canada), Kasha Jacqueline Nabagesera (Uganda) and Gino Strada & his organisation ‘Emergency’ (Italy) were chosen for the prestigious award that is also known as Alternative Nobel Prize.
1. Sarat Kumar Acharya assumed office as Chairman and Managing Director of Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC).
2. Dr. Anup K Pujari assumed additional charge as the Chairman and Managing Director of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL).