Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Union Government has released a commemorative postage stamp to mark the Centenary year of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI).
2. The World Health Organization released its first ever report on foodborne diseases.
The report provides the first estimates of global foodborne disease incidence, mortality, and disease burden in terms of Disability Adjusted Life Years (DALYs).
3. Union Minister of Finance, Arun Jaitley, and Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot launched Accessible India Campaign or Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan.
Accessible India Campaign is a nationwide campaign that aims at enabling persons with disabilities to gain universal access, equal opportunity for development, independent living and participation in all aspects of life in an inclusive society.
1. The November edition of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rankings was released on 3 December 2015.
Top 10 teams in November 2015 edition
Belgium – 1st Position
Argentina – 2nd Position
Spain – 3rd Position
Germany – 4th Position
Chile – 5th Position
Brazil – 6th Position
Portugal – 7th Position
Columbia – 8th Position
England – 9th Position
Austria – 10th
Awards & Recognition:
1. Himachal Pradesh became the first state of India to launch Rotavirus vaccination project.
The vaccine will help in controlling the child mortality rate (under five years of age) due to diarrhea.
Bills – Amendments & New:
1. Lok Sabha has passed The Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015.
The Bill seeks to broaden ambit of BIS and empower Union Government to make it mandatory to carry the standard mark for certain notified goods, articles, processes, etc.
2. Delhi Assembly passed the Members of the Legislative Assembly of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (Salaries, Allowances, Pension, etc) (Amendment) Bill, 2015.
The bill seeks around 400 percent hike in the salaries of the MLAs.
Science & Technology:
1. The first India International Science Festival (IISF) has begun at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Delhi campus. It has been organized by Union Ministry of Science and Technology.
The IISF is expected to be the country’s biggest ever Technology and Industrial Expo.
1. 44th Navy Day was observed on 4th December 2015.
The occasion saw screening of Navy Telefilm 2015 titled Empowering India through Maritime Security and Indigenization on DD National.
The Navy day is celebrated every year to commemorate the success of Operation Trident of Indian Navy on Karachi Harbour during the 1971 Indo-Pak war.