Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Allahabad High Court in its judgment has made married daughters of deceased government employees eligible for appointments on compassionate grounds in government jobs.
2. Uttar Pradesh Government has launched International festival on Birds to promote state as an international bird-watching destination.
The first-of-its-kind festival was inaugurated by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav at the National Chambal Sanctuary (NCS).
3. The Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar released the India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2015.
The report states that India’s forest and tree cover has been increased by 5081 sq km.
The total forest and tree cover is 79.42 million hectare, which is 24.16 percent of the total geographical area.
While the total forest cover of the country has increased by 3775 sq km, the tree cover has gone up by 1306 sq km.
1. Chinese President Xi Jinping has announced a 60 billion dollars package to African nations during the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) held in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The package will benefit Africa in 10 major areas (sectors) such as-
Industry, infrastructure, agriculture, financial services, trade and investment facilitation, green development, poverty reduction and public welfare, public health, peace and security and people-to-people exchanges.
With this package, China is seeking to expand its investments in resource-rich Africa which can help it to absorb its excess manufacturing capacity.
It is also consider as part of its efforts to re-engage with the continent and integrate it within its ambitious One Belt and One Road (OBOR) and Maritime Silk Route connectivity framework.
1. Chief Economic Advisor Dr. Arvind Subramanian led Committee has recommended standard rate for Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 17 to 18 per cent.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Delhi Assembly has unanimously passed the Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill, 2015 for establishment of statutory anti-corruption ombudsman.
The Bill provides powers to Lokpal to act against any government functionary including those of the Centre and in the national capital territory (NCT) of Delhi through its own investigation wing.
1. The International Volunteer Day (IVD) was on 5th December 2015 observed across the world with the theme ‘the world is changing’.