Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The Odisha government lifted the restrictions on visit of foreign tourists to certain tribal areas in the State. The ban was lifted after three years.
1. The International Cricket Council (ICC) Board constituted Anti-Corruption Unit Oversight Group and also appointed Rahul Dravid as its member.
Awards & Recognition:
1. India officially became the Associate Member State of European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO).
India is second country outside the European region to be an Associate Member State of EMBO.
First one being Singapore which had signed such agreement with European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC) in 2015.
2. Indian writer Geetu Mohandas won Sundance Institute Global Filmmaking Award 2016 for her script of yet-to-be shot film Insha Allah.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. A US Senate Armed Services Committee has confirmed the nomination of General John Nicholson to the commander of the NATO forces in Afghanistan.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Reliance Infrastructure Ltd (RInfra) announced the signing of Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Birla Corporation Ltd in relation to 100 percent sale of its subsidiary Reliance Cement Company Private Limited (RCCPL).
2. India through the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology signed a Cooperation Agreement to acquire the status of the Associate Member State European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO).
The agreement will strengthen scientific interaction and collaborative research between India and Europe in this field.
Science & Technology:
1. India has ratified Convention on Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage (CSC), 1997 which sets parameters on a nuclear operator’s financial liability.