Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. National Green Tribunal (NGT) has banned age-old agricultural practice of straw burning in pollution-ravaged New Delhi and 4 northern western states of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
2. The Union Government constituted an Empowered Committee to approve schemes proposed under the Nirbhaya Fund.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched three gold related schemes.
The schemes are – Gold Monetization Scheme, Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme and Indian Gold Coins.
4. The Odisha Government and Indian Railways inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to form a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for implementation of railway projects in the state.
1. Justin Trudeau of Liberal Party has sworn in as 23rd Prime Minister of Canada ending 10 years of Conservative rule.
1. Ace Indian shooter Jitu Rai has won silver medal in 50 meter pistol event category at the 13th Asian Shooting Championship in Kuwait City.
With this he became India’s first senior player to win the Asian Shooting Championship.
2. Ace Indian boxer Shiva Thapa has attained second rank in the latest international rankings of boxing in the 56 kilogram category.
3. Michelle Payne has become the first female jockey to win Australia’s most prestigious horse race Melbourne Cup 2015 worth 6.2 million dollars.
Awards & Recognition
1. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as World’s ninth Most Powerful Person in the Forbes annual ranking of 73 persons list of 2015.
1. Homegrown e-commerce giant Flipkart has appointed Google’s executive Surojit Chatterjee as Senior Vice President and Head of Consumer Experience and Growth.
2. Justice T S Thakur is recommended to be next Chief Justice of India.
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 4 November 2015 notified the Operational Guidelines of the Sovereign Gold Bonds 2015-16.
Main Operational Guidelines
Joint holding and nomination: Multiple joint holders and nominees (of first holder) are permitted.
Interest on application money: Applicants will be paid interest at prevailing savings bank rate from the date of realization of payment to the settlement date that is the period for which they are out of funds.
Lien marking: It will be as per the extant legal provisions of Government Securities Act, 2006 and rules framed there under.
Agency arrangement: Scheduled commercial banks may engage NBFCs, NSC agents and others to collect application forms on their behalf.
Processing through RBI’s e-kuber system: Sovereign Gold Bonds will be available for subscription at the branches of scheduled commercial banks and designated post offices through RBI’s e-kuber system.
Servicing and follow up: Receiving offices like branches of the scheduled commercial banks and designated post offices will own the customer and provide necessary services with regards to this bond. Receiving offices will be required to preserve applications till the bonds are matured and are repaid.
1. India’s former Ambassador to Nepal and modern Indian historian Bimal Prasad passed away in New Delhi at the age of 92.