1. Union Cabinet has given its nod to establish 3 new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
These 3 AIIMS will be established at Nagpur (Maharashtra), Manglagiri (Andhra Pradesh) and Kalyani in West Bengal.
They will be established under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana with the cost nearly 5,000 crore rupees.
2. Union Government has launched KISAN (Crop Insurance using Space Technology and Geoinformatics) Project to benefit farmers.
This project will favor use of satellites, drones and other geospatial technology to collect crop yield data and to assess damage from natural calamities.
1. Sergey Karjakin of Russia has won 2015 World Cup Chess Championship held at Baku, Azerbaijan.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Tomas Lindahl (UK), Paul Modrich (US) and Aziz Sancar (US) have jointly won 2015 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
They were being chose by Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences for their research on mechanistic studies of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) repair.
2. Saudi blogger and activist Raif Badawi and British poet and critic James Fenton were awarded with the 2015 PEN Pinter Prize.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) tied-up with US firm Prakash Lab to provide the Prakash Lab’s low cost paper folding-microscope, the Foldscope to students in India.
Foldscope will be used as an educational tool to understand physics, chemistry, biology and instrumentation.
Appointments & Resignation:
1. The Infosys veteran Ashok Vemuri resigned from his position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of iGATE Corporation.
1. As per the recent announcement made by National Green Tribunal (NGT), all the commercial vehicles entering Delhi will have to pay environmental compensation charge in addition to the toll tax.
Environmental Compensation would be payable at the rates of INR 1,000 for three-axle, INR 700 for two-axle vehicles and INR 500 for four-axle and above.
2. Government of India and Federal Republic of Germany (KFW) signed two loan agreements worth 125 million Euros for financing two projects under the Green Energy Corridor program.