Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Union Ministry of Tourism has launched 24×7 Toll Free Multi-Lingual Tourist Info Line for international tourists in 12 international languages.
The 12 languages include 10 International languages besides English and Hindi, namely, French, Arabic, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian and Spanish.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated Indian Oil Corporation’s (IOC’s) new state of the art refinery at Paradip in Odisha to the nation.
It is overall IOC’s 11th refinery to be set up and has installed capacity of 15 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA).
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the permanent campus of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) in Jatani near Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
The primary objective of NISER is to train and nurture human resources in the field of Sciences for the knowledge economies of the future.
1. For the first time, border troops of India and China have held their first joint tactical exercise codenamed Sino-India Cooperation 2016 in Chushul-Moldo in Jammu and Kashmir.
This exercise is complement to the Hand-in-Hand series of India-China Joint Exercises and the recently conducted joint exercise in Sikkim.
2. France became first country in the world to ban supermarket food waste.
1. India’s ace squash player Joshna Chinappa has won the gold medal in women’s individual category at the 12th South Asian Games (SAG).
2. India’s Sapna Devi has won gold for India in the women Wushu Taulu (Changquan) Competition at the 12th South Asian Games (SAG).
3. The Australian women cricket team won the three-match ODI series against Indian women team.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The Revenant director Alejandro Gonzalez was received his second consecutive Directors Guild of America (DGA) award for best feature film at the 68th annual DGA Awards.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Vishal Mehta was appointed as the President of the newly- formed International Grown Diamond Association (IGDA).
Science & Technology:
1. For the first time, scientists from National University of Singapore (NUS) have successfully converted paper waste into green nontoxic cellulose aerogels.
Aerogels are among the lightest solid materials in the world and are also one of the finest insulation materials available.
Green Aerogels are ultra-light, non-toxic, extremely strong, flexible and water repellent. It is obtained by converting paper waste into biodegradable Aerogels which is a simple, cost-effective and fast method.
2. North Korea’s National Aerospace Development Administration (NADA) launched the Kwangmyongsong-4 satellite.
The satellite was launched on-board the Kwangmyongsong rocket from the Sohae Space Center in Cholsan County, North Phyongan Province.
3. The US space agency NASA announced that the first flight of its new rocket, the Space Launch System (SLS), carrying 13 CubeSats and an uncrewed Orion Spacecraft will be launched in 2018.
4. Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Jagat Prakash Nadda launched the Project Sunrise in Imphal, Manipur.
The project seeks to improve interventions against human immunodeficiency virus infection and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) among people who inject drugs (PWID) in eight north east States.
1. Renowned American singer-songwriter Dan Hicks passed away after a two-year long battle with throat and liver cancer. He was 74.
2. Cartoonist Sudhir Tailang died due to brain tumor in Gurgaon. He was 55.