1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved World Bank assisted National Watershed Management Project- Neeranchal.
The project will ensure access to irrigation to every farmland (Har Khet Ko Pani) and help to achieve objectives of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) for efficient use of water (Per Drop More Crop).
2. Supreme Court has refused to allow some states and statutory bodies like RBI, SEBI to voluntary use of Aadhaar card for welfare schemes.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal of formation of Indian Skill Development Service (ISDS).
ISDS will be a Group-A Service of the technical cadre of the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSD&E).
4. The book titled The Courage to Act - A Memoir of a Crisis and Its Aftermath authored by Ben S. Bernanke was released in the first week of October 2015.
The book explains the worst financial crisis and economic slump in America.
1. Russia won the Women’s European Volleyball Championship title.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian firm Nualgi won Popular Choice Award at Climate CoLab of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge.
2. Forbes released ‘Top Asia’s richest families list’.
The top 10 richest families in Asia on the Forbes Asia list with their main businesses:
Lee from South Korea (Samsung): US$26.6 billion
Lee from Hong Kong (Henderson): $24.1 billion
Ambani from India (Reliance): $21.5 billion
Chearavanont from Thailand (Charoen Pokphand): $19.9 billion
Kwok from Hong Kong (Sun Hung Kai): $19.5 billion
Kwek/Quek from Singapore, Malaysia (Hong Leong): $18.9 billion
Premji from India (Wipro): $17 billion
Tsai from Taiwan ( Cathay Financial): $15.1 billion
Hinduja from India, Britain (Hinduja Group): $15 billion
Mistry from India (Shapoorji Pallonji Group): $14.9 billion
1. Hoesung Lee of South Korea has been elected Chairman of Inter-governmental Panel for Climate Change (IPCC).
1. Mauritius is in talks to review a tax treaty that has made this island of just 1.3 million people the biggest single source of foreign direct investment in India.
2. India’s gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2015.
The above prediction was made by The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
Science & Technology:
1. Google has released the Delhi Public Transport Offline app. The app is aimed at helping people get around the city using public transport without needing internet connectivity.
People can download the app from Google’s play store.
It covers the Delhi Metro, Gurgaon Rapid Metro, DTC buses and DIMTS Orange buses.
1. The Air Force Day 2015 was on 8th October 2015 observed across India. This is the 83rd celebration of the Day that began in 1932.