1. The sixth Indo-Maldives joint Training Exercise has commenced at Pangode Military Station in Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala.
Aim of the Joint Exercise is to acquaint forces of both countries with each other’s operating procedure and increase understanding and interoperability between Armies of both countries.
2. The Andhra Pradesh government launched the AP State Enterprise Architecture (APSEA) e-Pragati project to bring all the government services under one roof.
The APSEA is a comprehensive architecture to leverage the latest advances in e-governance tools.
3. To promote organic farming in the state, the Himachal Pradesh Government organized a three-day organic fair and food festival in the state.
The organic fair and food festival was organized in Shimla, the capital city of Himachal Pradesh.
4. Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley launched the e-version of the 100 volumes of the Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi (CWMG) in New Delhi.
5. Maharashtra government decided to abolish the Local Body Tax (LBT) within 15 days on petrol and diesel. The decision was taken to end the disparity between fuel dealers and other traders.
1. Indian weightlifter Deepak Lather won a gold medal in fifth Commonwealth Youth Games (CYG) held in Apia, Samoa.
He won the medal the 62 kg category after finishing with a total of 258 kg with 120 kg in snatch.
He has created a new CYG record and 138 kg in clean and jerk.
2. Anirban Lahiri became the first Indian golfer to qualify for a Presidents Cup.
He will be part of the International Team in the 2015 championship.
The championship is scheduled to be held at Incheon in South Korea between 2nd October and 4th October 2015.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Seven Indians have featured in the new group of philanthropists in the latest 9th edition of Forbes Asia magazine in the Asia-Pacific region.
The list has featured top philanthropists from 13 Asia-Pacific region countries for their individual noteworthy contributions to health and education sectors.
Seven Indians are –
Infosys co-founders Nandan Nilekani
Rohan Murthy, represented his father, Infosys co-founder NR Narayana Murthy as a philanthropist in the list
London-based India-born brother entrepreneurs Suresh Ramakrishnan and Mahesh Ramakrishnan.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Reliance Defense Ltd (RDL) led by Anil Ambani has inked memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Abu Dhabi Ship Building (ADSB) to set up a strategic partnership for construction of naval ships.
2. The Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) and Integrated Association of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises of India (IamSMEofIndia) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) aimed at creating awareness among Micro, Small and Medium enterprises (MSMEs) on the benefits of commodity price risk management.
This collaboration will encourage them to hedge on exchanges and face competition adroitly.
It will also disseminate in-depth knowledge about the derivatives market and its benefits among MSMEs will lead to their growth and development.
3. Doha Bank tied up with Anil Ambani-led Reliance ADA Group to generate business opportunities in the Gulf Cooperation Council nations and India.
Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman are part of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
1. Renowned Agriculture expert Professor Ramesh Chand has been appointed as new full time member of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog.
2. Brij Raj Sharma was appointed as the Chief Secretary of Jammu and Kashmir.
Science & Technology:
1. State owed telecom service provider Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has decided to upgrade Broadband speed to minimum 2 Mbps in the country.
2. Black Mamba Anti-Poaching Unit (APU) of South Africa was selected for the 2015 UNEP Champions of the Earth award in the inspiration and action category.
1. The International Literacy Day was celebrated on 8 September 2015 across the world. The theme of International Literacy Day 2015 is Literacy and Sustainable Societies.