1. Haryana Assembly has passed Haryana Panchayati Raj (Amendment) Bill, 2015 that seeks to fix matriculation as minimum educational qualification for elections to Panchayati Raj institutions (PRIs).
With this Haryana became second state in India after Rajasthan to fix educational and other qualifications for the candidates contesting Panchayat elections.
2. Haryana government has completely banned the gutka, pan masala and other similar products containing tobacco in the state for one year from September 3, 2015.
3. The Union Minister for Social justice and Empowerment Thaawar Chand Gehlot inaugurated the new production facility for producing affordable lower limb prosthetic systems.
The facility was launched under the Make In India initiative with an estimated cost of 6 Crores rupees.
4. The Jharkhand Government approved the formation of an Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in the state.
The State cabinet also gave its approval to create 243 ATS posts.
5. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa launched the Amma Baby Care Kit scheme wherein the state government will provide accessories for the newborn and its mother.
6. The World Federation of Exchanges (WEF), in the first week of September 2015, announced that the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has the highest number of listed companies in the world.
By the end of June 2015, a total number of 5689 companies were listed with the BSE. However, out of 5689, only one company was a foreign company.
7. The Union Cabinet gave its approval for the Sovereign Gold Bonds Scheme.
The purpose of the scheme is to reduce the demand for physical gold and to shift part of the estimated 300 tons of physical bars and coins purchased every year for investment into Demat (Dematerialized) gold bonds.
1. Supreme Court of Pakistan on 8 September 2015 ordered immediate adoption of Urdu as official language of the country.
With this order, Urdu will be used as an official language at the government offices of Pakistan.
1. Tennis star Sania Mirza was conferred with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna.
The country’s highest sporting honor while shooting sensation was among the Arjuna award recipients in a glittering ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi.
Sania became the second tennis player to receive the country’s highest sporting honor after Leander Paes on a day when Sports Ministry was fighting a court case that raised questions against its process of selecting the awardees.
2. Ace Indian Golfer Anirban Lahiri has become the first Indian to qualify for the prestigious President’s Cup of Golf.
World No.40, Lahiri qualified to this prestigious cup through automatic qualifications as team member of the International Team.
3. Indian weightlifters Deepak Lather won a gold medal in the 62 kg category of the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Games (CYG) being held in Apia, Samoa.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Queen Elizabeth II became the longest-reigning Monarch of Britain and the longest-reigning female monarch in history.
Mergers & Acquisition:
1. Homegrown auto major Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) signed an MoU with Tamil Nadu Government with the investment of INR 2,000 crore in Tamil Nadu, adding that the amount can be doubled by 2022.
1. Yes Bank is planning to raise around $1 billion in 2016 to support its growth plans.
2. Dearness Allowance was today hiked to 119%, up 6 percentage points, a move which will benefit over 1 crore government employees and pensioners.
The DA hike will take effect from 1st July.