What? – Appointed as new Member Mechanical Railway Board & Ex-officio Secretary to the Govt. of India.
When? – 13th January 2015
His Experience & Qualification:
1. Prior to this appointment, he was working as General Manager, Western Railway since, 20th November, 2013.
2. Hemant Kumar is a senior railway officer of 1973 batch of Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) and secured Gold Medal in Mechanical Engineering.
3. He is also a qualified Electrical Engineer. He has done various courses in Management and Management of Operations.
4. He has vast experience of working in Diesel Locomotives in Sheds and Workshops besides working extensively in Diesel Loco Modernization Works as well as designing of modern coaches.
5. Shri Kumar has also served as faculty in his alma mater, IRIMEE in Jamalpur, Bihar.