Jawaharlal Nehru University which is also known as JNU situated in New Delhi was established in 1969. This university is ranked 2nd among all the public universities in India. JNU provides various degree courses as well as Diploma and Certificate Courses.
The Main Motive of University is to promote the principles of Mr. Jawaharlal Nehru and to provide higher learning, teaching and research programs to engage students.
The chancellor of JNU- Prof. Yash Pal
The vice chancellor of JNU- Prof B.B. Bhattacharya.
What is JNU Entrance Exam?
Jawaharlal Nehru University, the most popular university situated in New Delhi conducts an entrance exam for various Courses. This exam is conducted all over the india in 51 cities.
Candidates have to clear the examination to take admission in this university and city of their choice.
Courses Offered by JNU
|S.No.||Name of Department||Name of Course|
|1||School of Life Science||M.Sc. , MPhil / Ph.D. (JRF)|
|2||School of Bio-Technology||M.Sc. , MPhil / Ph.D. (JRF)|
|3||School of Computer and System Science||MPhil / M.Tech, MCA, Ph.D.|
|4||School of Environmental Science||M.Sc. , MPhil / Ph.D. (JRF)|
|5||School of Computational and Integrative Science||M.Tech, Pre Ph.D./Ph.D. / Direct Ph.D.|
|6||School of Physical Science||M.Sc. , Pre Ph.D. / Ph.D.|
|7||Centre for Molecular Medicine||Pre Ph.D. / Direct Ph.D.|
|8||School of Social Science||MA, MPhil / Ph.D.|
|9||School of Language, Literature & Culture Studies||BA, MA, MPhil / Ph.D.|
|10||School of Arts & Aesthetics||MA, MPhil / Ph.D.|
|11||School of International Studies||MA, MPhil/ Ph.D.|
|12||Centre of Sanskrit Studies||MA, MPhil, Ph.D.|
|13||Centre for Law and Governance||MPhil / Ph.D.|
Facilities for Students at JNU
JNU offered facilities like- Hostel Accommodation, Guest Houses, Medical and Sports Facilities, Cultural Clubs and Advanced Libraries equipped with Reading Rooms and Computer Terminals for Students.
Fee Structure of JNU
For Indian Nationals (In Rupees)
||Fee Type||MPhil / PhD||M.A.||Part Time|
|Pre PhD / PhD||M.Sc.|
|M-Tech / PhD||M.C.A.|
|MPH / PhD||B.A. (honors)|
|1||Tuition Fee (Annual)||240.00||216.00||120.00|
|3||Library and Cultural Fee (Annual)||16.50||16.50||16.50|
|4||Students Union Fee (Annual)||15.00||15.00||15.00|
|5||Library Fee (Annual)||6.00||6.00||6.00|
|6||Medical Fee (Annual)||9.00||9.00||-|
|8||Students Aid Fund (Annual)||4.50||4.50||-|
|11||Security Deposit (Refundable)||40.00||40.00||40.00|
|12||Identity Card Holder||10.00||10.00||10.00|
|13||Student Hostel and General Information Guide||15.00||15.00||-|
|14||National Service Scheme||20.00||20.00||-|
Scholarships / Fellowship offered by JNU
On the basis of UGC Net Qualification, a number of students are recipients of Fellowship/Scholarship. Some of them are also awarded with State Govt. Scholarship, Sponsored Fellowships and Merit-Cum means Fellowships.
Fellowship Amount offered by JNU
For MPhil Students: Rs. 3000/-
For Ph.D. Students: Rs. 5000/-
For BA/MA Students: Rs. 1500/- per month
Constituent Center under JNU
1. Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology(CCMB), Hyderabad
2. Officers Training Academy,Chennai
3. Central Drug Research Institute(CDRI), Lucknow
4. Centre for Development Studies(CDS), Trivandrum
5. Central Institute of Medicine and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow
6. College of Military Engineering(CME), Pune
7. V. Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
8. International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), New Delhi
9. Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh
10. Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering (MCEME), Secunderabad
11. Military College of Telecommunication Engineering(MCTE), Mhow
12. Naval College of Engineering (NCE), INS Shivaji, Lonavla
13. National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi
14. Nuclear Science Center, New Delhi (named as the Inter-University Accelerator Centre (IUAC))
15. The National Defense Academy, Pune.
16. The Army Cadet College, Dehra Dun
17. National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR), New Delhi
18. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala